Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pure Fun...

This past weekend I was able to fly up to Coeur d'Alene to visit family (shortly) and go on a weekend camping adventure with my 3 best girlfriends from high school. We've seen each other since we graduated from school here and there, but after 11 years this is the first time we've had the chance to spend the WHOLE weekend together and let me tell you....it was SOOO much fun, and SOO over-due. It's amazing when you are able to get together and pick up right where you left off, even after all these years and all the changes that have taken place in each of our lives, we still 'get' each other. These ladies have been true, solid friends and I know that if I really needed any one of them, they'd be there for me at the drop of a hat and I find a lot of comfort in that. And it's true when they say that "Old friends are the Best Friends". We brought all our old photo albums, laughed, played games around the campfire, laughed, hiked, laughed and stayed up WAY later than we should have, and got up way earlier than I would have liked! Did I mention that we laughed?? My cheeks were literally sore the day I got home, I hadn't used those muscles that much in a long time! I think it was the best form of therapy to be able to be comfortable acting so silly and chatting with girlfriends! We definitely won't wait 11 years to do this again, we're hoping it becomes a yearly tradition! Thanks Ladies for the unforgettable weekend! I think I took 155 pictures, but here are a few of my favorites....
Posted by Picasa
Some shots of our campsite/cabin. It was Beautiful!


Posted by Picasa
Hiking in The Great Outdoors!


Posted by Picasa
Nighttime/campfires/scary faces/games/smores!
Most of these are those 'you had to be there' type moments!

*click to enlarge*

2 comments:

Tiff's Dad said...

That is so great you guys got to have fun like you did when you were all young. In my mind's eye, you are all still 13 years old and jumping on the trampoline. That is the picture I have in the old cranium anyway. You guys are all such good girls. Tiffany tells me how great each of you are doing and that makes me very proud of each of you. Well done!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you were able to do that with them. It sounds like a great idea! I need to do this too. Also...it hasn't been 11 years yet! Don't age us woman!