Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My baby turns four...

It's absolutely crazy how busy we have been the past few weeks. The term 'hustle and bustle' of the year is a complete and utter understatement! I just realized that it has been close to a month since my last post, which is unusual for me since I try to post every week or so. It really is the most wonderful, but busy, time of the year. I will cut out a few posts that I had planned on doing, but I HAVE to make time to post about our little Liv's 4th birthday! Dan took my car to work today and since I am stuck at home, I am taking advantage of the computer while the kids are entertained with a Christmas movie on TV. Although it's not like I don't have anything to do...laundry, last minute Christmas cards addressed, haircuts for the boys, cleaning, baking goodies for neighbors and friends, wrapping gifts, etc. etc. etc....
But before Christmas sneaks up on me, I wanted to get Olivia's birthday post done. So here it goes...

Her Birthday was on a school/work day so we had to rush our morning, but we still had time for the 'traditional' breakfast in bed.
Posted by Picasa
This is a girl who knows what she wants...She was VERY specific on what she wanted for Breakfast. Blackberries and bananas, plain toast with butter only, and Lucky Charms. At least she can make decisions, something I have a very hard time with! After Breakfast she opened her 'one' gift. The kids always get something to wear for their birthday. She loves sweater dresses. She would be happy if she never had to wear jeans another day of her life. Like I said...opinionated!
We took the boys to school and the class sang 'Happy Birthday' to her which made her feel special. Then it was date time with her and I. We went to Target to spend her birthday money from Nana, then we went to Dad's office to show off her birthday crown to everyone, then we went out and sipped on some hot cocoa (her favorite treat). It is always fun spending some good quality time with her. I love our 'girl-only' mornings!

Posted by Picasa
Later that night we had our family party. We had Coley and Jason over for dinner, cake and presents! She was completely spoiled once again. She got some very cute things...THANKS to everyone who gave her a gift, the thank you cards are in the mail!

Click here to see the post from her 2nd birthday. It's amazing how quickly time passes. I feel like I just made that list of things she has taught me. Of course, most have stayed the same, but there are also a few new ones to add to the list. This little girl seems to be the final piece of our family's puzzle. She makes us complete and I'm so blessed that she is ours. We all can't get enough of her. Well, at least most of the time! Her and Jack are still like water and vinegar. But I keep hoping that one day they will be best of friends! Only 15 months apart...it's bound to happen, right?!? I prayed and prayed for a little girl and I got her! Attitude, sweetness, drama and all!

I think all my kids have picked Red Robin for their birthday dinners at one point or another. Of course, I think they just like the balloons, and the fact that they get a song sung to them with their birthday Sundae!

And for reminiscent purposes, here are Olivia's Birthday photos from the past!

Starting with her real 'BIRTH day'....

I have said this before, but the first moment you see your baby for the first time is hands down the best moment in the world! I get teary when I see this picture...I wish I could go back and have that feeling again. Thank goodness for photos that can bring you back to those sweet and precious moments.


Her first birthday...
it's my party I can cry if I want to...



Her second Birthday...

Can't get enough of her baby blues!


Her 3rd Birthday...




Okay, you can stop growing any time now! Thanks Olivia for making the past 4 years so much fun! I love all the pink, spunky, frilly, sweetness you bring to our lives (and the sassiness too!). We love you to the moon and back!

2 comments:

Kim said...

She is such a doll! Happy Birthday Olivia!

Diana said...

Darn it. I shouldn't have read this, at least not until after my ultrasound and after I've come to terms with 4 boys. Reading this makes my heart ache for a baby girl this time. She's precious and I can definitely relate to those prayers for a girl. Love all of the adorable pictures. She is beautiful.