Wednesday, May 18, 2011

can you say competitive???

I'm not quite sure what to think about my daughter's competitive nature. She is by far the most competitive one in our family. She HATES to lose at anything...the game of Life, race to get the car seats buckled, race to get jammies on before bed (you get the point)...she can NOT stand to lose to her brothers. I don't know if this is a good thing or will cause trouble when she's older. Jack learned to ride his bike without training wheels a few weeks ago and ever since that day Olivia has wanted to catch up with him and learn to ride her 2 wheels. I told her that when she turned 5 years old, I'd let her take them off. Well, after a couple of weeks of begging, I finally gave in thinking that she'd get frustrated and want them back on. I was wrong. She hopped on, and rode. She didn't even need my help. What the heck??? It was the easiest thing ever. When that girl sets her mind to something, there is no stopping her. I have a feeling I'm not going to like that during the pre-teen/teen years. After we came inside she asked, "are you proud of me now like you were proud of Jack when he learned?" Of course I am! I'm also not sure whether I like the fact that there are no more training wheels in our house. That means my kids are growing up too fast!

Here's my little dare-devil princess with her 2-wheel debut.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ScrapMetalMan said...

Personally, I wouldn't worry one bit because she is perfect and when you perfect, well, you're perfect.

Love Papa

The Gilleys said...

Sooooooo awesome!!! Good job Leela!