Sunday, May 13, 2012

Frozen waffles...

I had a superb Mother's Day today.  My day started with the kids hopping in my warm bed and we all snuggled up.  There is nothing better.  
Then Olivia disappeared and I thought she was going to go to the bathroom or something.  The next thing I know, she brought me a waffle.  An Eggo waffle.  She wanted to make sure that I had a breakfast in bed.  (unfortunately Dan was out of town this year so he wasn't there to take charge)  The waffle was still frozen in the middle and it was absolutely the cutest, most unforgettable and sweetest thing.  Then Jack had to go get me something to eat.  He brought me shredded wheat.  It was soggy by the time he brought it to me, but once again...so sweet.  KJ was smart and brought me my favorite greek yogurt.  He knows me well.  My usual breakfast.  I opened all kinds of thoughtful cards and creative art work.  I felt special.  It was the perfect start to my day.  Those kids of mine will never know the level of my love for them.  They are my everything.  They've given me the greatest gift...the gift of motherhood.  And I will love them to the ends of the earth and back.  Always.


 Another thing I love about Mother's Day...church.  It is always such a special meeting.  All the Primary kids got on stage and sang the most beautiful song.  Their tiny voices were precious!  The piano music and violin were amazing.  Something about music cuts right to my soul.  Especially when I'm watching my kids up there singing to me.  It was a beautiful meeting. 
After church we went to the park.  My choice of activity, although the kids had just as much fun as I did.  I love spending time outside.  Luckily the weather was just perfect.  We had a fabulous afternoon there.  :)

KJ insisted on making dinner.  He made everything and wouldn't let me help.  It was so cute watching him.  He is like a little man.  He's getting so independent.  He is very aware of my feelings and is always trying to make me happy.  It doesn't take much coming from him.  Dinner was "good".  As good as it can be when a 9 year old is cooking.  :)  But the thought was sweet.  


Mother's Day has got to be one of the top 3 days of the year.  I get the chance to talk to all my favorite ladies.  Thank them for their examples.  Tell them I love them.  They have made me who I am today and for that, I am forever grateful for their presence in my life.  


 Grandma Howard.  She is always so thoughtful to send cards and packages to our family.  The most selfless lady ever.  She really loves my kids and they love her right back.  We all love the opportunity to see them, it's always a fun time.  She goes above and beyond to make us feel special.  We love Grandma Howard!!!

My Nana Smidt.  The sweetest lady you will ever meet...hands down.  I don't know anyone who would disagree.  She is who I want to be when I grow up.  I love her to death.

 Nana Raine...the funniest lady you will ever meet.  :)  She was like my second mom growing up.  I think I pretty much spent every weekend at her house.  She loves little Jack-Jack and he loves her right back.  Always wants to snuggle with her.  She will always scratch his back and make up stories for him.  We got some cute pictures of her and Jack last summer.  


 Of course...MY MOM!  Look at her.  Even eating a giant turkey leg, she is beautiful.  I'm not sure many people could pull that off.  :)  My mom has no idea how much I admire her.  There actually aren't words.  A young mom, yet the wisest lady I know.  She has taught me more about life than anyone.  
 We had THE BEST childhood ever.  I am so blessed.  

One more I had to share.  I found this old picture of me and nana the other day.  When I was very sick, she was instantly there.  Week after week.  She would come and spend hours in the hospital with me and would read me books and try not to make me laugh.  This shows the love of a grand-Mother. 




I was searching for the best quote that I could use for Mother's Day.  I love quotes.  Needless to say, I found far too many.  I'm going to share my top 10.  











Happy Mother's Day to ALL moms.  Hope you all got spoiled and had the chance to feel loved.  




And a side note.  All our stuff is packed.  It's all on this truck.  I am anxious to get to Boise and get organized and have furniture!!!  I feel like I'm back in college.  Eating off a card table.  Mattress on the floor.  It has actually been kind of fun.  Makes me realize I don't REALLY need too much.  Stuff is not what's important in life.  

8 comments:

Esther said...

Good luck with the move! And Happy Mother's Day! I love your breakfast in bed! Your kids have gotten so big. I hope it won't be too long before we get to meet them!!

Camille English said...

I want to be like Nana when I grow up too.
Good luck with your move! Happy Mothers Day!

The Brown Life said...

Sounds like you are just like all these wonderful ladies in your life. You have a heart of gold Tiffany!!!

The Gilleys said...

Love this tiff. made me teary eyed. i'm so going to miss you guys. your kids are so sweet :'(

michelle said...

This really made me cry. Thanks Tiffy for the compliments. I want to be like YOU when I grow up. You are constantly teaching me:)

michelle said...

This really made me cry. Thanks Tiffy for the compliments. I want to be like YOU when I grow up. You are constantly teaching me:)

Heidi said...

Happy Mothers Day to one of the greatest moms on earth!! And you are so much like Nana. I love you!!!

Heidi said...

Happy Mothers Day to one of the greatest moms on earth!! And you are so much like Nana. I love you!!!