Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bragging rights....

I know that most of us hate it when all parents do is brag about their kids.  If that is you, just skip this post cause I'm ready to brag a little bit about KJ!  This post is mostly for Dan's parents and my parents, since they like to keep up on how he's doing in school.
I had my parent-teacher conference with Keaton's teacher yesterday and it went great.  Keaton passed every subject/skill with flying colors!  We get a print-out to go over with everything that they are working on, what the goal is, and where they are on the scale.  I am very proud to say that he has passed all the requirements needed to pass kindergarten and has even passed the goal for 1st grade reading!  Go KJ!  The goal for Kindergarten is to be able to read at least 25 words and he is over 200!  They are going to put him in a special reading group so he can push himself a little bit more.  His teacher has been reading separately with him for now and he's moved on to the chapter books.  Her only complaint is that he gets really shy when she reads with him.  He's not shy in groups but when he's put on the spot, he holds back.  Keaton continues to make us so proud!  
Here is KJ at the publishing table, writing a book about space.

I get to work in his class on Friday's, I love being able to be involved in his class.  Getting to see what they are working on and learning about is so much fun.  He loves it when I get to come in and I love watching him learn and play with his friends.  He's really blossoming this year!

3 comments:

Alex said...

YAY KJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brynn said...

YAY, congrats! I LOVE good reports, aren't they the best?!

Brittany said...

If you can't brag then who will...that is part of the mom job!!