Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Shoemaker's Child Has No Shoes...

I've heard that phrase so many times and finally really 'get it'!  You would think that being married to a dentist, it would be a MUST to make it in for regular cleanings/exams, right?   Wrong.  I hate to admit it, but it's been well over a year since my last hygiene appointment.  And to add to that, at my last appointment I was informed that I had 2 fillings that I needed to have done.  (Yes, I do get cavities!  It's that darn sweet tooth!)  In all fairness, the cavities are around some really large, old fillings.  Well....I finally made it in today for a cleaning and turns out those 'fillings' I was supposed to get last year have worsened and will end up having to be crowns.  Yes, 2 Crowns.  I always took pride in the fact that I didn't have any crowns in my mouth.  Oh well, I guess all things must come to an end!  

And to add to phrases, 'good things come in 3's'!!     

Olivia also had her first appointment with Daddy!  She had her cleaning a few weeks ago with Beth (our awesome hygienist) and did so great, but turns out she got her mom's sweet tooth and had a teeny tiny 'sticky' spot that Dan only had to touch with his drill.  No numbing needed.  She did Great!  In fact, she didn't close her mouth once, not even for the suction!  Cute girl.  As for the 3 part.....KJ also had a filling done today.  Why not get it all done at once right!  Jack was the only one of us with a perfect check-up!  

So here's a reminder to everyone......go brush and floss!

This is how Jack 'sits' in the dental chair.  (Notice the trains in each hand!) 
Hey, whatever works, right?!

5 comments:

Alex said...

I love it! So cute with their dad working on them. Sorry...cant tell ya about crowns. Good luck? Do they hurt?

Kim said...

Those are the cutest pictures of their daddy working on them. Good luck with the crowns!

Tiffani said...

we were in the dentist on wed. too! i got a cavity filled! i guess i got that sweet tooth also! : ) cute pictures of the kids!

Lowd and Proud said...

Okay...so I am a hygienist, and I have to admit it has been about a year since my cleaning. (I cheat and do some of it with tools at home.) Anyways, cute pics of the kids and good luck with the crowns.

Sammy said...

Cute pictures! Gotta love the daddy dentist - that's going to be us someday!