Monday, September 21, 2009

some firsts...

Keaton participated in his very first Kid's Fun Run Race last weekend and he did awesome!! It was a 1 mile run and he came in 6th place overall and 3rd place in his age division. He was so proud of himself for not having to stop at all during the run. Of course, we were proud of him too! It's fun to see him growing and starting to enjoy the 'big' kid activities.
at the half-way point

Headed for the finish

Dad is so proud! (Dan did a 5k as well and did great too!)


He is so proud of his ribbon! He also got a goody's gift card for placing 3rd!

......................................................................................................

We also went up to the lake and he tried waterskiing for the first time as well! He did NOT want to do it, but once he got up, he loved it! We went with some family and friends and I think it helped to see some of the other kids trying it. (It's the best beginner ski, super wide and connected so they can't do the splits!) I asked if I could try it, but they thought I was a bit too big! I did try the Air Chair though and I am glad to say that I got up a couple of times, it was the best! It feels like you are just floating in the air, or as Troy would say, 'riding on a magic carpet!' I was glad to get one more trip to the lake in before it turns too chilly!

KJ started out in tears....

then it turned in to a laugh cause he got up...

then he was all smiles and wants to do it again soon!

Olivia and her buddies! They are so cute!!!

Here I am on the air chair! I'm not as graceful as the guys, but at least I tried, right?!



Here are some other pics I took of our day at the lake! As you can see, I was the rookie of the day! Next year I'll try to be a little bit more daring!!

Posted by Picasa
(click to enlarge)

With Fall officially starting tomorrow, we officially say Good-bye to summer! It's certainly been a busy one, but has also been so much fun!

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

you guys had way too much fun! great job KJ and Tiff you are awesome on the ski chair! : ) glad you guys are enjoying idaho!