Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Let it snow!

The weatherman said there was a chance of snow this afternoon and I checked the temp and it said 60* around lunch time, so I figured he was just about as accurate as every other weatherman and didn't believe him. We came home from school with no coats, and within 40 minutes, the weather dropped 20*. The clouds started rolling over the mountains and BOOM....snowflakes started to fall. The kids were extremely excited, and I was....well, I was so NOT excited. I am not ready for the cold, wet, winter weather. I like it in the mountains, but hate the hassle of driving in it. But it was cute to see the kids excitement. So, in the kids' minds, this is the highlight of our week.
The kids played outside for a few minutes while I finished making dinner.


I sent the kids upstairs to get their snow stuff on while Dan and I cleaned up after dinner. We had this much snow fall so quickly! But please notice their choice of 'snow attire'. Jack's just cracked us up! That kid sure has an imagination!


They came inside and were so cold, so we warmed up with some hot chocolate. Automatically they started asking how many days until Christmas. The snow always lets them know that Christmas is always right around the corner. So, we made the traditional paper chain.
Excited for Christmas?? We are!

Only 45 days or 1,082 hours or 64,967 minutes 'til Christmas!!



5 comments:

KimnSam said...

Wow! He wasn't kidding! How fun to get enough to play in. I cannot face that Christmas countdown, I just don't know how I do it every year! Crazy! Your kiddos are so cute.

Kim said...

I'm so glad we haven't gotten snow yet! I'm like you and am NOT ready for it. I know I'll have to face it soon because it gets colder every day.

Mommy Moni said...

i love that Christmas chain! How cute! You are so crafty and adorable!
“The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.”

Diana said...

A few years ago when the first snow came in the middle of the night, Carter woke up screaming It's Christmas. It's Christmas! Love it.

The Gilleys said...

I Love everything about this post. It just made my day :) Cutest pictures!!! I LOVE Jack's outfit :)