Monday, January 17, 2011

quack quack...bang.

The long awaited BCS Championship game has come and gone and sadly, we were not victorious. The Ducks lost in the last 2 seconds of the game to Auburn....by a field goal. It was a sad, sad moment in our house. But all kidding aside, besides what the scoreboard said, we did have a great night. My parents flew down here to visit and we had a Duck party. I think we may have had some of the top Duck fans right in our living room. My dad, Jason and Dan.

Posted by Picasa


My 'new' brother Jason turns the big 3-0 TODAY!!! We had a nice little birthday party for him while my parents were in town and he had a huge rice crispy for his "cake" since he loves those delicious chewy dessert squares! Happy Happy 30th Birthday J-Baum!
Posted by Picasa

I wasn't very good about taking pictures while they were here. Surprise, surprise....I usually always OVER do pictures. Anyway, just know we were busy, enjoyed each other's company, had a girls day out of shopping, yummy eatin', late nights, gym classes, Just Dance on the Wii, school lunch dates, exploring, laughing, school snow day, etc. And I have to say that on the day we had the girls day out, the boys lost Jack. Yes, in Denver, in a busy mall, Jack disappeared for a while. Picture mall security, security camera's and all. I'm just glad I didn't know a thing about it until late that night, I would have FREAKED! Jack told me that the lady that found him ALL the way across the mall at Nordstrom kept asking what his Dad's name was. He just kept saying, "my dad's name is Dad." Poor guy. I actually think KJ was more shaken up than Jack. He told Dan that if Jack was gone, it would take him 4 whole years to teach Olivia to play the Wii as good as Jack can. haha! Brotherly love at it's finest!


I did however keep a little momento that I would like to share so that I can remember it. When Keaton found out that his 'ninny and papa' were coming he came up with a list of things he wanted to do with papa.
They were able to accomplish all but a couple of things. They had a great time and KJ had a hard time after they left. I wish we could all live close, it would make things much easier! His top 2 favorite things that they did were hiking and shooting his bb gun. He's such a boy!
We always get so spoiled having them here and the kids go thru attention 'withdrawals' after they've gone.

The day they left we went to a birthday party at this place called Art Sports...it was amazing! Happy 6th Birthday Kyle!
Posted by Picasa
A kids paradise. 29 indoor trampolines, bungee jumping cords, zip-lines, foam pits, etc. FUN!

Now that company is gone, it's back to life as usual. Catching up on laundry, homework, piano practice...all the boring stuff you get to set aside while company is in town.

Off to fold some laundry....

4 comments:

The Gilleys said...

That is so funny about KJ and the wii comment when Jack went missing. I am GLAD they found him! How scary! Poor guy. It's also really cute/funny that he kept saying "my dad's name is Dad!" I feel so sorry for him for being lost, but it's actually a cute story when you hear all those details. I am just thankful that he was found and that no one told you DURING the dissapearance! Ahh! I would have freaked too!

The Martins said...

Poor KJ! That was pretty funny! There is a trampoline place like the one you went to in Pocatello. I seriously had to take a few minutes to make sure I knew where you were living. That was a fun place!

Diana said...

oh my oh my oh my. i'm glad you didn't know anything about jack missing either. we lost anderson once when he was not even 2 and couldn't talk at all--but he just walked out the front door and went for a barefoot little walk around the neighborhood. talk about anxiety. i'm so glad you had fun with your family. those parties looked like a blast.

The "Eck's" Files said...

Biaggi's....oh my....I heart that place! An employee of mine used to work there, and bring me little snacks when he came to his "real" job! Glad you found Jack!! Scary!