Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lucky got away...

We really love holiday's in our house! I think it's because it lets me pretend I'm a kid for a little while and my kids get really in to them too! Plus, when my kids are grown and have their own families, they will remember our traditions and hopefully keep them up with their little ones.

The Monday before St. Patrick's Day Keaton had a brilliant idea to build a leprechaun trap. He drew out a blueprint, and then got working. Here is what he came up with.
He came up with this writing all on his own. I thought it was so hilarious!! What a cutie pie!

St. Patty's day morning KJ woke up to this...
Lucky got away again this year! We'll have to be more creative next time!
But he did leave some goodies behind!

We didn't have school this year on St. Patrick's Day so we got to play all day!

Breakfast....(traditional lucky charms with green milk)



Lunch....(they each picked their favorite green food). Keaton picked green scrambled eggs, Olivia picked the kiwi and Jack picked 'Gaspargagus'!


And dinner...the traditional corned beef and cabbage.

And we baked green ciabatta bread to deliver to a few houses!
This bread is so yummy and SUPER easy and cheap to make!
Go ahead and try it...it was a hit!

4 cups flour
2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. yeast + 2 cups water
(put water and yeast in microwave for 30 seconds)

Mix all ingredients together just until moist.
Cover with plastic wrap and leave on your counter for 8-12 hours
(we let it sit overnight)
pour on greased cookie sheet and gently form into one loaf.
Bake at 400* for 35-40 minutes.


Did I mention how much I love my little Leprechauns?!?!

1 comment:

Tonya Jean said...

Oh my goodness, Tiff! You have got to be the coolest Mom! You're so creative with your kiddos! I love it!