Tuesday, July 26, 2011

my trip to my grandma and grandpa's house (written by Keaton)

I got to take a trip to my grandparents house a few weeks ago all by myself.  I got to stay with them for 2 whole weeks.  I drove to Nebraska with my dad and little brother, it seemed like a day til we got to Nebraska.  When we were in Nebraska late that night we talked to Sam a little then went to bed.  Sam is my cousin and he is 9 years old like me but he is almost 10.  After that first night we went to the zoo and we ate lunch at Cracker Barrel.  I got a grilled cheese sandwich with 2 pickles on each slice.  Sam got chicken and dumplings.  We got to swim twice at the hotel.  I had pancakes for breakfast and at 10:00am Jack and my dad drove home to colorado.  And I drove to Illinois with Sam, Grandma and Grandpa.  I got to do a lot of things with my grandma and grandpa.  


*I got to drive Grandpa's tractor twice. And my dad didn't get to until he was 12 years old.  The second time I drove it, I was pulling logs to this place in their backyard where they burn wood.  

*I got to sleep at Uncle Brian's barn with my cousins and we had fun when we were playing his Wii.  

*We got to go to Toys R Us.  

*We went to the Abraham Lincoln Museum in Springfield, Illinois.  This was my favorite thing that we did.  We went to this place in the museum called AT&T, there was this guy who talked about the people from the past.  My favorite place there was in this movie theater and what we watched was called Lincoln's Eyes.  My favorite part in the movie is when they shot a cannon on the screen and real smoke rings came at us from the sides of the theater and the seats shook.  It was very cool.  We actually got to look at real things that Abraham Lincoln and his friends used.  And we saw their real clothes.  There were those things that they put on the bad guys legs to keep them in a place that they want them to stay.  It only looked like it was 90 years old but it was really about 218 years old.  I liked his log cabin, I liked the ghosts in the library, and I liked all the wax figures.  They looked so real.  We had fun there and we learned a lot.


*We saw Fireworks at the Elmwood park.  Firemen shot up fireworks and when they exploded they were about as big as a tractor.  I spent the 4th of July there. 

*I ate at Steak and Shake.  This is my dad's favorite place. 

*I had pizza at Monicals.  This is the best pizza in the world. 

*I helped Grandpa on the train and rode a safari bus around the Wildlife Prairie State Park.  Grandpa is in charge of the train at the park.  We saw bison, deer, squirrels and a goat.  Grandpa and grandma bought me a really cool wolf t-shirt souvenier and an arrowhead necklace. 

*I rode bikes with Sam.

*We went to the movies and saw Cars2 in 3D and I liked it very much.

*A few days later I caught a LOT of fireflies with Sam.  We put them in a lightbulb shaped cage and we hung it on a hook on grandma's house.  

*We went swimming 3 times at the neighbors house. 

*And on both the Sundays, we went to a band concert at the park.  My favorite was the first time.  Because they played a Star Wars song.  

*I went to go see my cousins Emily and Sam's softball and baseball games.  

*I got to see my other Uncle Tim and Sheyenne, my other cousin.  Sheyenne stayed at Grandma's house for a few days.  We played the Wii a lot.  We played baseball a lot too.

*On our drive back to Nebraska to meet my mom and dad, we stopped at the Amana colonies in Iowa.  We ate lunch there.  We ate saurkraut, popcorn chicken and I dipped it in Honey.  It was yummy.  I never dipped my chicken in honey before.  


When we got back to Nebraska we met my family at a hotel.  The hotel had waterslides.  It was fun.
 Then we all went out to my favorite place to eat.  We went to Red Lobster and I got crab legs.  I love it when I get crab legs. 
 We watched Night at the Museum at the hotel and had popcorn.  I was happy to see my brother and sister again.  I love staying in hotels. 

I had the most fun on this trip than ever.  I hope I get to do it again on another summer vacation.  I love you Grandma and Grandpa.  Thanks for all the fun.

2 comments:

Tonya Jean said...

Wow Keaton! It sounds like you had a GREAT time with your Grandparents and created some awesome memories! It's cool that your Grandpa let you drive the tractor. He must really trust your driving skills! I really enjoyed reading your post ;)
Your Mom's friend,
Tonya

The Gilleys said...

I was reading and kept saying "I need to comment on this. I also need to comment on this. I will comment on this too!" Haha there is too much to comment on! What a FUN trip and a great post! I absolutley LOVE it! Love you KJ :)