Friday, July 29, 2011

Nine Years Already?


At 2:41pm nine years ago (on July 21st) a little boy named Keaton James came in to my life and forever changed me.  He gave me that perfect gift of motherhood and I knew at the very moment the nurse placed him in my arms, it would be impossible to ever be more filled with joy and love.  Suddenly the 41 hours of labor, sickness, pain and eventual C-Section stress melted away and I held the most perfect and precious little man.  I knew he was sent to me straight from heaven.  He was perfect and pure.  I am forever grateful for him.  He is still the sweetest thing and is growing MUCH MUCH too quickly.  He keeps telling me he's halfway to becoming an adult and this will be his last year in single digits ever.  While he's anxious to grow up, I would like him to be my little baby forever.  And he will be.  He'll always be my little baby boy, even when he outgrows me by height, weight and shoe size.  :)

Since we are brand new to the area, we had a little family party for him in a Harry Potter theme the weekend before his 'Real' Birthday.  It was a really fun day.  We had my 2 little sisters, their hubby's, and sweet little Lucy here to help us celebrate!  We even had butterbeer the official drink of Harry Potter Fans everywhere. 

And we all went to the pool!

Keaton has been saving up his money for years to buy something really cool.  He decided that he was ready to make his first real BIG purchase.  He went and bought himself a really nice new shiny Trek Bike.  He was very specific on what he wanted.  He wanted a front shock, 21 speeds, a kick stand, etc.  He was able to get exactly what he wanted and he is now OBSESSED.  He wants to ride all the time.  I know it was a perfect purchase and one he will always remember.  (I still remember my first big purchase.  An old school nintendo with a power pad and 2 guns for the game Duck Hunt)
(Notice we were counting the $ that has had his piggy bank full the past couple of years!  The nice bike shop was more than happy to have all those quarters and $2 bills I'm sure!)


On his real birthday, we had the typical breakfast in bed.


We went on a bike ride to the dirt bike park.

We stopped and ate a snow cone!


We went out to lunch at his favorite place, Noodles.


We went to spend the extra $ he got for his birthday.  He had enough from family to get his very first digital camera.  Another great purchase that gets used lots and lots.

We went to a party at Dan's new dental office where about 50 people sang to him and totally made him blush! (Dan had a ribbon cutting for his new office and we made it seem like a party for KJ.  The Chamber of Commerce scheduled this months ago and we couldn't change it.  It was fun.  It was catered with YUMMY food and desserts and we had prizes, etc.)


We ordered pizza and had cake and ice cream.

We opened gifts.

We watched Harry Potter.

Then we went to bed and I, as usual, got a little misty eyed.  I don't know why, but every time I put the birthday boy/girl to bed I get all sentimental.  I guess it's a mom thing.

I think he had a great birthday!  I can't believe I have a nine year old.  Holy cow!
Happy Birthday Bud!  We love you more than you'll ever know!

4 comments:

Alex said...

Yeah you're getting old. 3-0. But, I cant believe KJ is nine. That is crazy. The birthday "event" looked amazing and how fun to just have family. P really wants a harry potter theme too.

Thats exciting about Dans new practice!

The Martins said...

Your posts always make me teary eyed! I can always sympathize with your emotions, and you word them so well! I was thinking that that when I have my next baby have my kids will 9, 6, and 3! That is sooo crazy!

Mommy Moni said...

Happy Birthday KJ!!!! From the other little KJ!

The Gilleys said...

I haven't seen this til now! KJ looks so handsome in all of his pictures. He is richer than me, wow! A digital camera AND a bike? Holy Moly. What a lucky kid. And what a FUN birthday :) Jack's next!