Tuesday, August 16, 2011

summer va-cay

We just got home from our 2 week summer vacation to Idaho and I am SO tired.  It was just me and the kids and we drove and drove and then drove some more.  We went to Boise for a week, Riggins for a long weekend, and then up to Coeur d'Alene for 6 days and then drove all the way back home to Colorado!  I get tired just thinking about it! In fact, I really don't have the motivation to do this post, but with school starting soon I know I need to get it done ASAP.  So get ready for a whole lot of pictures and not a whole lot of words.  I'm too tired to think of what to say.  But pictures are worth a thousand words right?!?
It's always great to get together with the Boise family for a good old fashioned Sunday dinner!  I seriously think I have the best family in the world.  I am so lucky!


We had a day at the lake where we swam, tubed, and water skied.  I hadn't slalom skied in probably 10+ years, so I was happy that I got up this year!  I wont wait as long before I get out there again.


We had a mini-family-baby-shower for Coley while we were there.  It was just family and it was so much fun.  We can't wait to meet little Russell in less than 2 months!


While I was in Coeur d'Alene I had the chance to meet up with some of my oldest and best friends from way back when!  We spent one afternoon playing at my friend Lexs' house and it was so much fun to see my friends children.  It's weird that we are all growing up and have families of our own!  I also got to see my HATS girls (Hana-Alexis-Tiff-Shawna).  We try to get together whenever we can, the four of us have remained close since high school and I love those ladies.  We took an evening hike around Tubbs Hill and then walked around downtown.  I love old friends that you can get together with after long times apart and it feels as if we were hanging out like old times.


We spent one day in Coeur d'Alene being tourists.  We went to the Fort Sherman park, went to the 'beach', walked around downtown and went to a super fun toy store to let the kids pick a souvenir.  We tried going to Hudson's for a famous Hamburger but the line was out the door so we went to Paul Bunyan's for a burger and a shake.   I love this part of Idaho, it is so beautiful and I forget just how beautiful it is until I go back 'home' to visit.


 We also spent a day at SILVERWOOD!!!!  This was the kids highlight of the trip up to Nana Smidt's!  They were in complete heaven.  I loved having Pops there with me to ride all the big roller coasters!!!  It was a great day!

Nana was so cute to get down and play with the kids.  Her and Olivia spent a lot of time creating chalk masterpieces!


I thought this was so sweet.  After all these years of marriage, they still like to hold hands in the park.  I hope Dan and I will be like them someday!  I love them to death.


I also got to meet my newest cousin, Maggie.  She's a doll and a super easy, content, sweet baby!


And now begins the whole reason for our trip to Idaho....RIGGINS!!!!!!  This is the one tradition that my kids will hold me to.  This is their 'all-time' favorite place to be.  And we had to make the trip up this year because my little brother will be leaving on a mission for church and will be gone for 2 years.  His last family vacation choice was camping at Riggins.  What we love is that we can camp on white sand beaches, there are porta-potty's, we can swim, we can kayak, we cook great camp food, we can fish, we roast marshmallows and starbursts, and the list goes on and on.  It was a great way to spend time with family and especially Jess before he leave for Brazil.


Kayaking...


White sand...


The dogs had just as much fun as we did!  


We always love Jack's tan line!!  

This was the sunset we saw each night from our campsite.  
It really is one of God's greatest creations!  

Thanks to everyone who made the trip so much fun and so memorable!
 Goodbye Idaho....until next time.  

3 comments:

Alex said...

makes me so tired just reading and looking at all the pictures. What a great trip! How nice to get to spend that much time with family and best friends!

Tonya Jean said...

Did I read that right? You roast Starbursts? As in the fruit chew candy? Do tell ;) Looks like you had a great time! Isn't Cd'a THE BEST!? It always feels like home to me. I have a handful of friendships like you and your H.A.T.S girls have are the greatest and absolutely PRICELESS!

The Gilleys said...

Tiff....I always love your posts :)