Thursday, February 16, 2012

Love (and a headcold) is in the air...

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day everyone!!  



This year our day wasn't as 'lovely' as it usually is.  I woke up sick.  I felt like I was hit by a bus.  My eyes were swollen, I had a sore throat, runny eyes and nose, a nasty headache, and just felt like staying in bed all day.  Unfortunately, I had signed up to bring the food to my kids' classroom parties.  I had to get up, load up on all my cold meds, and get going.  Mom's don't get days off do they?  


I made it thru all the parties, we had homemade heart shaped pizza's for dinner (KJ didn't want a heart, he wanted a football), peanut butter brownies and ice cream for dessert and opened some gifts and packages we received in the mail.  And although I had a kleenex stuffed up my nose most of the day (romantic, I know), I still felt loved and felt grateful for my family.  Love is all you need.  


One sweet story.  Dan bought me a couple of cupcake books.  I have a great love for a really good cupcake.  It is also his nickname for me.  :)  He also bought all the ingredients to make me some delicious Nutella filled cupcakes.  Nutella + Cupcakes = Perfection.  He made me rest on the couch while he worked away in the kitchen.  About 45 minutes later, I heard him say...."what do you have to adjust for high altitude cooking??"  The cupcakes had spilled over and made a huge chocolatey (and smokey) mess in the oven.  He cleaned everything up, and started over.  He was determined to make those cupcakes for me.  Turns out, he used 1 1/2 TB of baking soda instead of 1 1/2 tsp.  Oops.  So, right around midnight, he finished.  The thoughtful gifts are the best.  Something that can't be bought.  AND HE WROTE ME A CARD which is a very rare occurrence.  I love that man.  He is so good to me and the kids.  

Also, last Saturday Olivia's preschool had a Mother's Tea day and Valentine's program.  It was such a fun morning!  I loved having a special date with just Olivia.  The mother's were spoiled with yummy tea, food, and the cutest little 'love' songs sung by all those preschoolers.  They also had a slide show video of questions asked of the little kids.  There were some FUNNY answers.  Olivia's weren't too embarrassing, luckily, but so cute.  Apparently Olivia knows I love her because I play Just Dance on the Wii with her.  And I am the BEST chef in the world because I make good rice.  :)


1 comment:

The Gilleys said...

Hahaha that is so cute about Olivia's answers :) And so nice about Dan! What a good guy :) Love you!