Monday, March 11, 2013

Why my Monday rocked...

Today was not my typical, average, must-make-it-through-the-day Monday.  Today I had an extra spring in my step and here are a few little reasons why:

Jack's therapist came out to talk to me after his appointment this morning and told me that Jack FINALLY had a full on hour long conversation with him.  He said Jack's communication was at least 10 times what it usually is!  Yes!  Breaking down barriers....slowly!

I picked Olivia up from her sleepover at my parents house and she went on and on about the Shark Tank that her and Ninny built out of Lego's and that she got to sleep in bed with Ninny while Papa had to sleep on the couch.  And that she didn't get the normal one bedtime story (that I typically do) she read at least three stories.  And she got eggs AND bacon for breakfast.  Grandparent's houses are so much cooler than home.

I got an email from my brother who is on a mission in Brazil.  He always knows how to make me grin.

I got to go and eat lunch with my first grader.  Along with 5 other first grade classes.  These little conversations that I overhear them having make me chuckle.  I was the table hero because I helped open everyone's milk and helped some with their capri sun straws.  It doesn't take much to impress a group of 6 and 7 year olds!

I took my puppy on a nice long walk in the SUNSHINE and he's finally getting the hang of leash training.  Right now, he's crashed at my feet.  I wore him out, he wore me out.  It's the beginning of a nice long friendship.

I went to the mailbox and saw a letter from my best friend Shawna.  A hand written card.  A very rare thing to get in the mail now a days.  A just because letter.  She said she was just thinking of me and wanted to make sure that I knew that she loved me to the moon and back.  Then she reminded me that we owe ourselves a trip to Cabo, a trip we pinky swore on and signed a binding contract for about 14 years ago.  A trip we must go on before we turn 40.  That seemed so old back then, but in reality, it'll be here before we know it.  I think I have the best friends and know the best people in the whole wide world.

Now, I'm enjoying a bowl of left over white chicken chili with lots of cilantro.  My favorite left over. Ever.  And I just heard the dryer buzz.  3 loads done today.  BAM!

It's been a great day so far and it's only 2:46.

These little moments are the small little moments that make my life so amazing.  I am blessed.

Happy Monday everyone!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rocked my Monday!! Thanks.
Nancy

Kelsey Eaton said...

Sounds like a terrific day!!

Heidi said...

Yay! Your positive energy just made my day a whole lot better!!! Thank you! Love you!

The Gilleys said...

Well this just made MY Monday feel much better. Thanks Tiff. BAM- my favorite part ;-)

michelle said...

What a sweet post and so happy we could be a small part of rocking your Monday! Love you and thanks for helping us all to notice the "little" things that in reality are some of the most important things.