Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Try, try again...

My last blog entry was so positive...this one...not so much.  I just need to vent for a minute.  Do you ever have those days where you wish you could climb back in bed and start all over again?  Well, today is day two of feeling that way for me.  The kids (aka Jack) have really been pushing my buttons the past couple of days.  Literally pushing my buttons, this morning Jack thought it would be funny to push every single button on my keyboard at the same time and now as I type, EVERY key I push is audible and read back to me.  It is ultra annoying and I can't figure out how to turn it off.  Even the volume is stuck on high.  And my shift key gets stuck every time I push it.  Let's just say this post will be shorter than usual, because I'm about to throw this computer out the window.  
I must find a magic potion of 'patience' STAT because mine has gone missing.  
This ecard sums up my past two mornings perfectly...
Yes...toilet tragedies happened.

And then, yesterday, there was a mom who had the nerve to tell me I was a helicopter mom because I walk the kids home from school every day and we only live a few blocks away.  She was laughing as she said it, but I knew that she really meant it.  It was a backhanded compliment.  
Then at tennis lessons, I was the ONLY mom there to watch...out of this many kids....
Maybe she is right.  Maybe I do need to back off a little. 
So...I am going to try to give my kids a little more space and independence.  



I do have some Spring Break and Easter blogging to catch up on...but until I get this annoying sound turned off, it'll just have to wait.  

Toodle-loo for now!  



4 comments:

The Gilleys said...

Oh man, I have those days once a month or so.... who am I kidding? Those days are every other week and sometimes more! Just, crazy, mad, dumb, bad days! When literally I get so mad at Lucy that I think I scare her. I'm not proud to admit it. At least she still loves me and I feel bad later....if I didn't feel guilty, then I would have a problem right??Sorry Tiff. BTW- you are NOT a helicopter mom. And I think it's cool that you watched tennis lessons! You're the best mom I've EVER met and your kids are the luckiest kids in the world. Hey, at least you don't have a weed festival in your town coming up....

The Gilleys said...

P.S. after all the child abductions happening, there is NO WAY I will let my girls walk to and from school! HECK NO! Even if it IS just down the street. You just never know....

Tiff said...

Britt, thank you. And you're so funny. Weed festival. Haha! Xoxoxo

michelle said...

Im a little behind on the blog postings but I loved this one. And who care if you're a helicopter mom. It just means you love your kids and Im sure that they love
seeing your face at the end of every school day. You rock!