Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Don we now our Ugly Sweaters...

Fa La La La Laaa La La La Laaaaaaaa!!!!!  Christmas has come and gone and I realize that it is now February and I'm just getting around to updating the past couple of months.  Luckily in the blogging world, you can go back and add posts to previous calendar dates without anyone ever knowing I am months behind on my updates.  Shhhhh.....I still say better late than never, right?!  Christmas this year was perfect.  The actual holiday was laid back, we were all healthy, we had snow outside, and I was able to spend some quality time with my little family.  What more could I ask for?

We had a very busy month, but I'll try to be brief because really, pictures are always better than words anyway.  Plus, I am typing this as I am sitting next to Jack while he does his homework and it is very hard to focus on what I'm trying to type, when I get interrupted every 18 seconds.  Literally.  Ha!  Homework.  I'm NOT a big fan.  At all.  And apparently his teacher is, seeing as Jack has at least 2 hours a night.  Especially math....I want to rip my hair out.  Speaking of hair...I have discovered a couple of gray hairs mysteriously growing out of my scalp this year.  Seriously, I'm NOT old enough for gray hair...right?!? "Squirrel!!!!"

Okay, back to Christmas! 
It was a whirlwind month.  We had a lot of fun.  I threw a few parties.  I was exhausted and blessed and reminded once again that I have so much to be grateful for. 

I am Olivia's classroom 'room-mom', which means I was in charge of her class party.  We had a great time.  I wasn't able to take many pictures because I was busy keeping 24 kids busy! I was glad when that was over.
*As a side note - Mom's with kids...if you volunteer to help or bring something to a class party, please follow thru and actually BRING it or even just show up.  Really...it helps all those in charge.  End rant.*

KJ was pretty excited about his school party T-shirt.


We also went to Santa's workshop and made little Gingerbread houses for FHE one night.  We usually buy those pre-made kits and those are always fun.  This year we went old-school and used milk cartons and graham crackers and the kids had more fun getting creative than ever.  Who needs fancy schmancy?!  Ho Ho Ho!  Jolly Fun.


I had all the YW come to my house for a Christmas pajama and white elephant party.  What. A. Blast.  I really love being their leader.  We always have a grand time!  We were also able to go caroling with all the youth.  It was 13 degrees outside and we were frozen to the core, but still managed to have a blast and I think we spread Christmas Cheer for all the neighborhood to hear!  



Christmas Sunday we all wore our plaid.  How cute are my kiddos?  I really, really can't get over how much I adore them.  Doug included.  He is THE best dog in the history of dogs.  Currently, he's laying on my feet and keeping them toasty warm on this cold and dreary day!




Christmas Eve was wonderful!  We had my mom's traditional Christmas Eve Party complete with a feast and talents and ugly sweaters and of course the reading of the Christmas Story as a reminder of the real reason for the season!  Santa even stopped by to visit the kiddos!  Oh what fun!





Christmas Day was awesome!  The kids let us sleep until about 8:00!  We opened gifts, stockings, had some breakfast and headed to my mom's for a bit and then to Nana Raine's for a bit.  The kids were anxious to get back home to play with all their new 'loot'!  I always feel like the most blessed woman on earth when I sit back and watch my littles and see real joy on their faces.


 Jester left shortly after Christmas to go back to College.  *sniff sniff*  We were able to sneak in a night of sledding!  It's always a good time when Jess is around!


We had a Holly Jolly Christmas and hope you all did as well!!

As a side note, I was actually prepared this year when it came to making neighbor/teacher/friend gifts this year. Shocker!  Way back in October I started brewing my own Vanilla.  The real stuff.  The kind you have to go stock up on Bacardi Rum and wonder if the cashier at the liquor store thinks you have a drinking problem.  :)  It was really yummy and it was a fun treat to make and experiment with!  
We packaged it up cute with a wooden spoon and bag of chocolate chips and I made my kids dress as elves as they delivered the goodies.  KJ was so NOT into that idea.  The other two made the cutest little elves.  I wish I would have taken a picture! 

Reading over this blog post, it seems like I was on crack or had an overload of caffeine.  Neither of those statements are true.  Just scatter-brained I guess.  Sorry for the extremely unorganized thinking. And maybe a lack of sleep last night.  
There are so many things that will just have to be cut short because time seems to fly much too quickly when I'm typing and loading pictures.  Time to get dinner on the table...

2 comments:

The Gilleys said...

Ok, now I KNOW i'm just now seeing these blog posts thanks to your calender secret. Haha I didn't even know you could do that! Good job Tiff! Your kids plaid outfits WERE the cutest. I love those kids! You looked like you had a way fun Holiday season....it's March already???

michelle said...

Love catching up! I LOVE having you close by....such a blessing!