Sunday, December 15, 2013

SEVEN...

The craziest thing happened???  My *not-so-little* baby magically turned '7' YEARS OLD!  How in the world does the time fly by so quickly?  I realize I must sound like a broken record as I tend to say the same thing on each one of my kids birthdays, but it is just so mind-boggling to me.  I still feel like it was just yesterday I saw her for the first time.  My easiest C-Section.  My easiest recovery.  My easiest newborn.  My favorite Christmas gift of all time.  My curly, silver-haired, red lipped instant best friend.  My only GIRL!  One of my biggest blessings.  There is just something special about the bond shared between a mother and her only daughter.  Can't quite explain it, but I can just say it is pure magic.  She still has the ability to melt my heart daily.  I do not think I could possibly love her any more than I do.  I even enjoy her 'spunk' as it makes me chuckle and I see myself in her in so many things that she does.  She is artistic, smart, determined, athletic, stubborn, creative, social, sensitive and my personal shopping buddy, hairstylist, manicurist, sous chef, back scratcher and smile maker! I was watching her walk home from school the other day in her skinny jeans and cowboy boots, long blonde curls, a bounce in her step, and my mind did a fast-forward and I could picture her 10 years down the road, walking home from 11th grade.  I hope I am able to soak up as much of her as I can before she's all grown.  I hope she is as sweet in ten years as she is today.  She's on the right track so far! 

Just last night Olivia had a nightmare, I sent her back to bed and about 30 minutes later, she was back in my room because her nightmare had returned.  It was 2:30am and I was completely exhausted, so I had her curl up in bed next to me.  The whole night she clung to my back, (picture Piggy-Back style - she must have been scared) and although I knew I wasn't going to ever go back in to a deep-sleep, I actually enjoyed my night with her.  I just don't know how many more times that will happen.  I love that she still came to me at a time she was looking for some comfort.  I wouldn't change my sleepless night or stiff neck for anything.  My little princess still needs me, and I still need my little princess.  I wish for her to have an abundance of JOY in her life!  I wish for her to find strength when she needs it.  I wish for her to know beyond the shadow of a doubt that she is a Child of God and that she is never truly alone in this world.  I wish for her to have life-long friendships.  I wish for her to be strong.  I wish for her to know that she is loved completely, as BIG AS THE BEACH!  Happy 7th year of life, little peanut!  XOXO
Liv's Classroom party!  I love that her teacher makes the kids feel so special!


For her birthday she chose to go ice-skating and to have dinner at Golden Corral!  Ha!  She just wanted their unlimited cotton candy and chocolate fountains.  It was a fun day! 



2 comments:

michelle said...

I'm so behind on reading blogs. But I do cherish every word that you write. Our little "O" is such a blessing in our lives. She has touched each heart and enriched our lives with her spunky sweetness. I love that girl!

michelle said...

I'm so behind on reading blogs. But I do cherish every word that you write. Our little "O" is such a blessing in our lives. She has touched each heart and enriched our lives with her spunky sweetness. I love that girl!