Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oh bananas....

Almost everyday I send a banana to school in KJ's lunch and almost every day he comes back with an empty lunch box except for the banged-up and bruised banana! This is okay, except for the fact that I try hard to make sure there is a small note for him written on the banana. I know, it's weird, but my mom did it for us as kids and I still remember how much I loved it! Now, it may be because I was a girl, but I always felt special when I read the note on my banana from my mom. So, I asked KJ if he read my notes and he said, "sometimes, but I don't like bananas".
So today I had a new idea for once!! I made fortune cookies that I can put his notes in. (found the recipe on allrecipes.com) So maybe he'll actually read them and his friends might even think it's cool this way! They were actually super easy and fun to make. I made enough for the whole week in no time at all. And they fit perfectly in the little snack sized zip-lock bags. I just thought I'd share this simple idea for all those moms out there looking for something different! And feel free to send any other ideas my way!



Sending good luck and good fortune to you all!!!

6 comments:

Alex said...

that is SO cute! I love it. P asks me to write notes in his lunch.

Thats such a great idea instead of a post it note. I do like the banana though!

Papa said...

Is it not funny that we remember the most obscure things from our childhoods?

Kyle said...

You are the cutest mom! I think that is such a fun idea...your kids are so lucky to have you!

The Queen Bee said...

Those look great! I will have to try that. I write notes on the napkin sometimes but that is not as cool as a fortune cookie!

The "Eck's" Files said...

I buy the scrapbooking paper in the 4x5 inch size and write notes there--or on their napkins with a sticker.
When the kids make my lunch, more often than not, I have a note too!! I love it!!

Camille English said...

I love the banana idea! You have an awesome mom.