Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What a Spectacle.....

Yep, it's true, my little 'hyper fire-ball' now wears glasses. Jack had a preschool screening about a week ago and failed both his hearing and vision tests. :( The hearing test was failed due to double ear infections which are now all cleared up! But after his Eye Doctor appointment we found out that he is extremely far sighted. Poor kid has such bad vision. It never crossed my mind that he would need glasses because both Dan and I have great vision and neither of us wear glasses. Now the trick is to get him to keep them on! Anyone who knows Jack knows that it will be a challenge. I was so sad at first, but now I just think he looks super cute! And if it'll help him developmentally, it'll be SO worth it! We now think he looks like our little scientist!


(Dan and I always have a fun time in Portland!)

We also make the trek to Oregon last weekend to give Dan the week off from driving! The kids absolutely love going back to visit. It was a busy weekend and as usual, went way too fast! We got there Friday night, left Saturday morning for Portland and stayed the night there, then went back to Bend Sunday night, and finally, drove back to Boise Monday afternoon! Phewww....I'm tired just thinking about it! I keep thinking that we'll come for a visit to Bend when we can actually see and hang out with old friends! Hopefully soon!! We miss lots of you guys.

Posted by Picasa
As soon as we walk thru the hotel room door, the kids automatically go for the beds! I think it's because they know it's forbidden at home! I remember doing the same thing as a kid, so I can't get too mad! Plus, look how much fun they are having!

Posted by Picasa
And of course, we had to make a stop at the OMSI museum. This was the kids favorite part of the weekend! Well, this and the hotel swimming pool! My favorite picture is of the kids looking at the big dinosaur Sampson and Jack is climbing over the wall right over the sign that says DO NOT CLIMB! Yes, our kids, at times, are out-of-control!

7 comments:

traci said...

Jack does look so cute in his glasses!

KimnSam said...

I know how you feel! I was sad at first too when we found out Reese needed glasses, you just don't want your kids to have to go through challenges or have anything about them that would need fixing. One thing that's helped us were these little stretchy bands that hold the glasses on their heads, Reese still uses one.(like elastic that just straps behind the head) They're lifesavers.... boys and glasses, we've gone through several pair. He looks great!

Camille English said...

I think he looks adorable.

Emily said...

personally, I love the glasses:) I think we went through 9 pairs at our house that first year. I'm not kidding:)

Sammy said...

I love the glasses!! And don't worry I still love to jump on hotel room beds.

The "Eck's" Files said...

LOL--Rory just got the same screenings back!! We will see what happens! Jack looks super cute!

Tiffani said...

he looks so cute with his new glasses and i am sure he is happy that he can see better now. it looks like it was a great trip to oregon! we love the omsi!