Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Sing Us A Song You're The Piano Man..."

I really think that I can die happy now! I was able to go to Salt Lake City over the weekend to see Billy Joel and Elton John in concert....TOGETHER! All I can really say about it was that it was AMAZING! Dan and I went with my parents, we bought our tickets 9 months ago. This post may date me a bit, but I grew up listening to both of these talented men. My mom is pretty much Elton John's biggest fan. (This was her 4th Elton John Concert!) So, we were able to sing along to pretty much every song. The concert was full of hit after hit for a solid 3 1/2 hours. They are serious pianists and at some points during the show their hands and fingers were moving so quickly, the big screen couldn't focus on them, it was just a blur. Crazy....I was in awe! All in all, it was a great night!
And to add to the fun weekend, we were able to stay at my aunt and uncle's BEAUTIFUL home in Alpine. We shopped, went to the movies and ate at the most delicious restaurants! And what made it more enjoyable was knowing that my kids were being watched by family back home and were having just as much fun as mom and dad!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Gilleys said...

I still have a guitar pic from when I went to Elton John. But I have to frame a picture and all that with it....I have so many pictures to frame :) I'm so glad you guys had so much fun! I did with your cute kiddos as well!!

Rachel said...

Glad you had a blast! Sounded amazing!

Alex said...

it was fun catching up a little bit with you yesterday. we need to do that more.

That weekend sounds like it was SO much fun! Love the kissy picture! I always try to make sam do that! ha

KimnSam said...

That's so awesome!! I heard they've cancelled the remainder of their tour so you guys are really lucky! What a fun double date w/your parents. You and your mom are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks