Sunday, October 10, 2010

A little bit of this...a little bit of that

I've been waiting and waiting for something big and exciting to happen in our lives so that I could make a great post....but alas, our lives have been completely 'normal' lately now that we are in school. Today someone asked me what my hobbies were, and I had to think about it....I don't know! (except for the little bit of time I squeeze in for playing my piano) Isn't that sad? I guess I don't really have time for hobbies, my family is my hobby. Does that count?? I will have all the time in the world for hobbies once the kids leave, right?!? I think my mom would have to disagree as she assures me that life really never slows down!

I'll do a quick run-down of our week (besides school and church stuff):
KJ has swimming 2x a week, running, & cub scouts, Jack has swimming lessons 2x a week, therapy & play group Friday's after school, and Olivia has Tap and Ballet lessons, and play group on Wednesday mornings. Between swimming, my morning exercise classes, and ballet and tap....I think we should ask the athletic club if we can just add bunk-beds in the locker rooms for the Howard clan. It would save a lot of time in the car that's for sure!
Do I really have time for hobbies?? I barely have time to keep my toenails painted!
Posted by Picasa
My little prima-ballerina!

2nd place in this race! He didn't get his running skills from me!


But I guess something BIG did happen this past weekend....it was the 10 year Anniversary of Dan and I meeting! Holy Cow...time flies! (nancy...do you remember that weekend?) And to think of all that has happened since then.
This is the car ride and dinner that started it all.
(left to right- my uncle Jim & Aunt Sherene, ME, David, Tawni, DAN, dan's best friend, my pops and nana Ball)
He's just so cute!

I also got a fabulous package in the mail this past week.....my BLOG in Book form!! All 193 pages of it! It will be a great piece of our family history. It was so much fun reading thru all the posts over the past 2 years. And to tell you the truth, my favorite posts were the regular, every day type of posts. Those are the times I would have most likely forgotten about, and I'm so glad that I have a book that documents some of those little moments that so easily slip out of my mind.



So here's to the next two years of blogging! Let's see what time will gift us with!




4 comments:

Camille English said...

I feel the same way about the Hobbies thing. I have a lot hobbies I would like to have... but don't have time for them.

Seth and Leia said...

Your family is so stinkin' cute! I think you are the PERFECT mom. Really. And I'm going to print my blog at the end of the year for the same reason! It's the closest thing I have to a journal. What site did you use?

Michelle said...

Your family is absolutely adorable! Where did you get that blog book printed? I would love to do the same!

Anonymous said...

I do remember that weekend ten years ago - "faintly!!!" If you have a minute could you just jog my memory with a few key words?? I just know that Daniel Howard was smitten!!