Thursday, September 22, 2011

Soccer mom...

I grew up playing soccer.  I started playing when I was 6 years old for a team called the Pink Panthers and ever since those early childhood days I have loved soccer and all that it entails.  I played for most of my childhood and into my high school years.  I was never the star of the team, but I really loved soccer. 

My very first soccer team...notice my dad.  He looks exactly like my little brother Jess! 
Gotta love the 80's!
(I am on the bottom left and my sister Heidi is on the bottom, 3rd one from the right)

The Firecrackers!

And my high school soccer days.

I started KJ in soccer lessons at the age of 3.  He played a couple of years and then told me that soccer wasn't really his 'thing'.  WHAT?!?  Not your 'thing'??  My whole pregnancy I had visions of being a soccer mom, I planned to always be the volunteer soccer coach just like my dad always was.  
I just didn't understand.  
Here is KJ at 3 years old!  He was so little!!!



Here he is at 6 years old.


KJ has since found a new sport that he really likes.  He has just started playing Lacrosse.  And I do have to admit, it is a FUN sport to watch and very similar to soccer, so I guess I will just have to become a Lacrosse mom for now!!  We have learned that Lacrosse is a very popular/competitive/BIG sport here in Fort Collins.  


Jack is more of an individual sports kind-of-guy.  We are thinking along the lines of karate, cross country/track, rock climbing, tennis, swimming, etc.  
He does have good form!!  

And loves to climb.


 I still have hope that my little Liv will be my soccer star!
She certainly has the strong legs to be a good sweeper! 
But, she may stick to ballet and gymnastics!

3 comments:

The Gilleys said...

I LOVE seeing your cute kids in their sports/dancing gear! I remember going and watching KJ play soccer. What a cute little man he was (and still is!) I love the pic of him carrying his cup and walking like a grown up. So awesome! I want my girls to be dancers or tennis players. We will see what they choose someday!

Alex said...

I love this post!

KJ looks good in his gear. Jack amazes me with his running. I hate running! ha. Olivia looks so cute, I bet she will love soccer too!

ScrapMetalMan said...

But most infamous, glorious, and ferocious team I coached that you and Heidi dominated on was the Checkers (black and red) we won regionals that year and the Tigress Tawni was on the team in all of her awesomeness.