Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spring sports...

Spring Sports are in full swing around here.  In fact, this week we will spend 6 days of the week on the sidelines watching the boys do their thing.  KJ is playing flag football this year for the first time and is absolutely loving it.  He's tried almost every sport out there and so far, this has been his favorite.  He's done great so far this season. Last night was their first game loss.  He was bummed, but I think a loss every now and then is a good life lesson.  Next game I'm sure they will all try much harder.   Jack's team has been a complete 'hoot' to watch!  A bunch of rowdy kindergarten boys is sure to be a good show.  Jack has scored a goal in every game so far!  A couple of them have been for the other team, but who's really counting?!  :)  He knows that he gets ice cream every time he scores so that's all that matters to him.  I am really proud of both boys for trying so hard this year.  It's been fun watching them learn and grow.  

(my photo collage maker isn't working today, so bear with all the pictures)

 Getting some 'fatherly' advice at half time.  



 Go...Jack...GO!!!!



  This shot (above) was his first goal!




He usually plays center.

 Team huddle.




Olivia has been a real trooper while we spend most afternoons at the field.
She's the best. 


 My parents came to town to visit for a long weekend.  It was, as always, so great to have them here.  We had a nice girls day, shopping and out to lunch - the perfect combo.  


We had lots of fun with Papa ice skating! 


Trying to keep up with my dad.  He's such a speed demon.


3 comments:

The Brown Life said...

Okay, I need that picture of Colton, Jack and Kre. That describes them perfectly!!

Carrie and Spencer said...

I think that picture of Jack, Colton, and Kre is the BEST picture ever!!! :-D

michelle said...

I noticed the O on the shirt of Kj's coach. I bet he was a great coach:)
This blog tugs at my heartstrings. It is hard to leave people you love especially little Lucy Lu. I know how you feel. It is so difficult. But on the other hand, I am so happy to have you back. I am beyond happy. You make a mothers dream come true! Now we just have to get Heidi and Brittany home:)