Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bucket List...

I admit, I have a ridiculously long bucket list.  I may need to revise it.  That's a whole different story.  But...I was able to cross off two items in one week!  How great is that!?  

Growing up, my mom always had music playing in the house.  A favorite of all of us girls was the Les Miserables CD.  We LOVED the music.  All of the sisters sang and lip-synced to the music quite often (picture whisks and wooden spoons in hands and ultra dramatic dance moves) and I remember playing the piano music from the Musical for hours at a time.  It is so beautiful.  So, when my mom asked if I wanted to go with her and Coley to go see the Broadway production of it, there was no way I was going to say no!  We bought our tickets months and months ago when I still lived in Colorado.  Well, the day finally came to see it and it did NOT disappoint.  It was moving and magical.  I didn't want it to end.  I really appreciated the music and knew every word of every song.  
It was a very memorable mother-daughter date night.  


I was telling Dan how much I loved the production and that I wanted to know more about the story, so Dan surprised me with a special treat, the book and some beautiful red roses.  Such a thoughtful gift.  I am anxious to read it.  It's long, very long, but I think I'll love it.  


The next afternoon I surprised the kids with an impromptu road trip!  I had them all meet me at the front office at school and they were confused and asked why I pulled them out of school early and I told them we were headed for a road trip!  The car was packed and all ready to go!  They had no idea where we were headed, but we left town and headed for SLC, Utah!  We got there around bed time, checked in to the hotel and went for a swim.  When we got back to the room and got pj's on there was a knock on our door.  Dan was standing there and they were so excited and surprised!  It was fun to see them so excited to see their dad.  It was a fun moment.  Utah is a great half-way meeting spot between Colorado and Idaho.

The next morning we took the kids to Lagoon.  I have never been there before and I wasn't even sure if it was any fun or not, but we were NOT disappointed!  It was a blast.  The kids wanted to ride almost everything.  KJ was especially brave and tried every scary ride in the park, a big change from a couple of years ago when he was too nervous to try any type of 'scary' ride.  Poor liv wanted to join us, but just wasn't quite tall enough for the big roller coasters.  Next year she'll make it, she only has about another inch to go!

So...the second bucket list item crossed off my list...the Sky Coaster!  I talked KJ in to doing it with me.  They pull you up in a harness 155 feet (I think that's what they told me?) and when you get to the top you pull the rip cord and fly thru the air, swinging back and forth.  It was such a blast!  
Now we are all warmed up for a future sky diving date, which is another item on my list.  :)  



Later that evening/afternoon we went downtown for some sight-seeing, and yummy food!  This is the exact spot Dan and I met 12 years ago next week.  It's crazy how fast time has flown by and it's even more crazy how much has happened in our lives over the past 12 years.  Yowsers.  
We've had so many huge life moments.  

It was a great week to say the least.  

Let's see what I can cross off next....

6 comments:

The Brown Life said...

So happy you guys got to see Dan!!! I bet everyone was so excited. Hope you are doing well!!! Bucket list #???? should be....come out and see Natalie's new baby!!!!

Alex said...

what awesomeness!

The Gilleys said...

Oh, Tiff that is AWESOME that you surprised the kids! How fun! I didn't know you went to Utah. I'm so happy you got more time with Dan. Love you lots!

michelle said...

What a fun blog post! such happy memories. Im behind on reading up on everyone's blog posts but this one is soooo cute!

Heidi said...

How fun that you made this trip a surprise!! I love it!! I love all your entries. I wish I could write like you!! I love you!! Have a fun weekend!! xoxo

Heidi said...

How fun that you made this trip a surprise!! I love it!! I love all your entries. I wish I could write like you!! I love you!! Have a fun weekend!! xoxo