Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Last days of summer...

We finished up our last summer days in style.  We sure enjoyed those carefree days.  I already miss them and we've only been on a real 'school' schedule for one week.  I'm already tired of making school lunches.  I am already tired of homework.  Mom's, how do you stay sane trying to get three kids to sit down and do their homework every night?  And yes, I'm aware that these are the easy days of homework.  Yikes.  I am proud to announce that I had all three kids bathed and in bed by 8:30 tonight! That's a major accomplishment in our home!  So, I am actually enjoying more 'me' time tonight.  I could get used to this.  

Here are a few things we did at the tail-end of our summer break:
We loaded up on fresh veggies from Nana's garden.  Or the Garden of Eden as KJ calls it.  I know you're probably thinking, "who in their right mind would consider this a fun summer activity?"  I'll tell you who....my kids.  THEY LOVE EXPLORING and picking fruits and veggies at Nana's!  Jack especially enjoys it.  Maybe he'll be the green thumb in our family.  He probably ate a pound of raspberries and fresh carrots.  And if the kids complain about a veggie at dinner, if I tell them it's from Nana's garden, they eat it.  No questions asked.  We made over a gallon of pickles and the kids like them better than the store bought kind!  I'm hoping that if they grow up eating these healthy veggies, they'll always eat them!  Nature's daily vitamins.   


We were able to sneak in one last boating trip for the summer.  As always, it was a blast!  One of our favorite summer activities!   


Tawni and Scott had their twin baby girls.  They are so adorable and sweet.  Ruby and Sophie.  They were BIG for twins.  Poor Tawni was carrying 15 lbs. of baby in her belly.  No wonder she had trouble walking as they were pinching a nerve in her leg.  They are healthy and Tawni is healing great from her C-Section.  We all enjoyed our visit to the hospital to hold 'thing 1' and 'thing 2'.  :)   I know I sound like a broken record...but I WANNA BABY!  Maybe I should volunteer having them for a night and it may help cure my baby hunger.  Congrats Thompson family!  


We got to have David and Steven stay with us for a few days while Aunt Heather took Brianna down to BYU-Provo for school.  The boys loved having their cousins stay at our house.  We had a lot of fun with them.  I wish Heather would just let me keep David.  He fit right in.  He was my buddy all week.  


We were able to have the chance to throw a dinner party at our house for Mayor Tammy!  KJ's scout troop invited her to come and talk about community events and responsibilities.  Those boys came up with some crazy and interesting questions.  My favorite was when they asked if she drove around in a limo and if she had secret service body guards.  Hahaha!  She was very friendly.  She gave each boy an 'autograph', she spent a lot of time talking to all of us and answering all of the scouts questions.  Dinner was delicious, and we had a great turn-out.  KJ thinks it's pretty cool to be able to say that he's had the mayor in our home for dinner.  

Now....I'm off to make some more of those pesky school lunches.  

No comments: