Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Halloween Explosion!

Have I ever mentioned that I love holidays?  Well, I do.  I really, really do!  I especially love Christmas and Halloween!  We had such a fun and COLD Halloween this year!  Brrrr. The best part about Halloween with older kids...they can scoop their own pumpkin guts out!  Ha!  I hate that part about carving.  My genius ideas of being a family 'group-themed-costume' was shot down.  Multiple times.  I wanted to be the cast of Wizard of Oz.  Then I wanted to be minions.  Then I wanted to be the Nacho Libre characters.  Then I wanted to be the Avengers.  Nope.  The kids were not keen on the idea of doing matchy-matchy costumes and they each had their own idea in mind.  Did I mention that my kids are stubborn??!?  Oh yes, they really, really are.  There's no changing their minds.  I blame that trait on their father.  ;)  Olivia did pick out our mother-daughter costumes.  All on her own.  It all started after we watched Milan.  Then we found cool wigs, and the rest just fell in to place.  I even got to wear the authentic kimono from our Japanese exchange student from years and years ago!  It was fun matching with her this year!  I'm not sure how many more years it will be cool for her and I to be dressed the same.  I will take advantage of it while I can.  Now, that the decor is all back in storage, my goal is to slowly have all these stupid 'fun-sized' candy bars disappear!  I am all candied out, yet I can't seem to ever turn down a mini snickers.  Bleh.  I hope you all had a very spooky Halloween!  And remember, I know a really good dentist if you are in need of one after all the candy consumption.  ;) 
Doug wasn't too fond of posing by his pumpkin. 

For the past 4 weeks I have had the privilege of working at the special needs preschool.  These kids are adorable and while they struggle in different areas, I really love seeing them learn and progress. 
We had a fun Halloween party, aren't they adorable!?! 
They kids were loving my Pippi Longstocking braids.   


 KJ had Cross Country and then we rushed to my parent's church 'trunk or treat' and then had a party at their house.  The only bummer was that Halloween fell on a school night, so we couldn't party quite as long as we would have liked.  What kind of teacher gives loads of homework on Halloween??  Oh, yeah, that would be Jack's teacher. Grrrr. We all zonked out after our sugar rush crash.  The next morning for school was a rough one.  Those poor, poor teachers!  


I was able to go with the youth to the Corn Maze!  I love working with these amazing young women!  We are always in for a treat when we get together.  Sometimes I forget that I am their leader.  I feel like a teenager again when we are together.  Car dance parties and all. I love those girls!  

Next exciting event coming up...my little Brother comes home from his 2 year LDS mission...IN ONE WEEK!!!!  I am beyond excited.  WE CAN'T WAIT TO GIVE HIM THE BIGGEST HUG!  Brazil will miss him dearly.  Idaho is glad to have him back!  Stay tuned.... 

1 comment:

The Gilleys said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN to the cutest kids ever. Love that you have such a big heart to help with the preschool too, Tiff. I love you. Your kids costumes were awesome! Shawn and I are hoping to do a family theme next year too- before the girls decide that we can't...