Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Tid-bits....

Well, well, well...how in the world am I supposed to play catch-up when I'm so far behind!?!  I have about an hour before I go in for a substitute job and so I thought I'd take a stab at seeing how many quick tid-bits I can squeeze in! Here is goes....

Most of our Saturday's look like this during college foootball season!  Can you tell who my kids root for?!? 


The kids had a career day at school and all picked their very own outfits!  Jack reached for the stars and wanted to dress as the President of the United States.  He was the cutest little politician I've ever seen, he would definitely have my vote.  KJ dressed as an Apple Employee.  Olivia dressed as a Veterinarian. I know these three have bright futures ahead!


The 6th member of our family turned ONE year old in October!!!  Doug is the best dog. In. The. World.  We are all pretty obsessed with him and feel lucky we got the best pick of the litter!  He certainly brings a lot of joy to our family.  His favorite activity...hiking!  Scroll thru his pictures and you'll see how excited he gets in the car when he knows we're going for a hike.  Ha!  Love that fuzzy tank.  











Jack is officially a cub scout!  He is very excited to be part of this troop.  (I am not a great scout mom.  It's really not my 'cup-of-tea', but I know how much the boys like it, so I put up with it)  Isn't he just the cutest little wolf cub you've ever seen?!  Gah!  I can't take his cuteness.  Love. 


Olivia and I were able to have a WHOLE girls day!  She came with me Saturday morning while I took some family pictures for an adorable family.  Then we went out for lunch.  Her choice...Burger King. Bleh.  But, she ate every little bit and was very excited to get a kids meal. Then we went to DISNEY ON ICE!  It was a good show, but watching Olivia watch it, made it just magical.  She was leaning on the railing the whole show just completely engaged and focused on those Disney characters ice skating around.  I love that she's still young enough to appreciate the magic of Disney.  I really need to take her to Disneyland while she still possesses the magical gift of childhood innocence.  Maybe that will be added to our 2014 goals.  

Cross-country is in full-swing at our house.  KJ is on the Team Idaho Cross Country team and is really enjoying himself.  I have finally come to the conclusion that he excels in individual sports.  I had all these dreams of watching him play on team sports when he was a baby.  Soccer, football, basketball, etc.  He's done it all.  He just doesn't have an 'aggressive' side to him that he needs for those types of sports.  But he is very competitive.  And he's learning that the best competition happens in your own head!  But, you know what?  I have come to the realization that I find it just as exciting to watch him race in the lap lanes at the pool, or at a track or cross country meet.  I love that there are no 'politics' to worry about in individual sports.  (Last year in basketball, the coach's kids and their friends got all the play time)  I am happy when he is happy and content.  He competed last weekend in the Junior Olympics and he did great.  I was so proud of him.  The course was much more 'hilly' than he was expecting, so he wasn't happy with his finishing time, but I was.  He pushed himself.  These are the tests that he needs to grow as an athlete!  He finished 7th in his age group.  As long as he pushes himself and doesn't give up, I am happy.  He has another race this Saturday, we are anxious to see if he improves (although the weather is supposed to be crappy!) 









The boys are still pretty obsessed with the skate park.  We have two near our house, which is good and bad.  I do not like the atmosphere at skate parks.  Punk kids with potty mouths, chugging red bulls and monster energy drinks, some much-too-young kids smoking.  I avoid that place when I can.  But there are times when it's empty and the kids love to skate around on their scooters or skateboards!  They think it's the best thing ever and they are pretty dang brave!  


That's going to have to do it for now.  Hopefully tonight, after YW, I will be able to post a few more.  But for now, I got a few of the little ones out of the way!  Happy hump-day everyone!!   

1 comment:

The Gilleys said...

I LOVE YOUR CAMERA! Mostly I love the kids who are in your camera shots, but still....love. Love that you can capture Jack on a swing like that (Such a neat little guy) and KJ running his heart out. Happy that Liv saw Disney on Ice. You're the coolest Mom. And Happy birthday Doug. I'm happy I've met him. He really is neat :)