Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Turkey Day! (well in our case, happy ham day)


We always seem to be extra grateful for the blessings we receive at this time of year.  This is my favorite part about the holiday season, it brings out the best in everyone.  Dan and I continue to count our family as our greatest blessing.  We are amazed with the love we have for our kiddo's.  We can't imagine life without them.  This is the first Thanksgiving that we have stayed home and the first Thanksgiving that I cooked everything by myself.  It was actually surprisingly fun!   Dan wanted ham instead of Turkey this year, which was fine by me, the whole Turkey was too intimidating for me.  We ate dinner, had some laughs, shared what we were thankful for (my nana's tradition), and then we were off for a long weekend trip to Portland.  We thought it would be fun to spend Black Friday in a bigger city that actually has toy stores!  KJ's also been wanting to go to the OMSI museum for quite a while now, and I wanted to swing by a cute Christmas Store on our way home.  So we packed up Thursday night, found a hotel downtown, ate a late night snack at the only open restaurant in town on Thanksgiving night (Denny's, yuck..) and fell asleep.  A few hours later we woke up to Olivia.... she caught a stomach bug.  We were hoping it was just from the trip over so we got her cleaned up, had clean sheets delivered, and fell fast asleep again, only to wake up to KJ running to the toilet because he had the same stomach bug.  Turns out those few hours we had of sleep were all we got for the night!  Luckily Jack had it last week, so he was immune!  The next day we checked out late, missed the Black Friday shopping and then it hit me fast.  I just wanted to go to bed so we found another hotel over by the Portland Temple.  Dan took the kids out, they got to see Mrs. Clause and hit a couple of stores while I slept.  The next day we all felt great, but very tired, so we bagged all our other plans and came home early.  Bummer!  I guess life continues to be unpredictable, but that's what makes it so interesting right?!  We are especially grateful today (now that we are all feeling better) for our health!  Hope you all had a memorable Turkey Day as well.
   
KJ, thankful for Thomas Kemper!   ~     This is the turkey hat he made!
    
Jack trying to ignore my obsessive picture taking!  ~  Olivia's Aunt Bert face!                 
     
Okay, there's the smile I'm thankful for! ~  Couldn't keep their fingers out of the chocolate pie!
 
Sweet Dreams little ones!  At least for a few hours! What's cuter than watching your kids sleep?

4 comments:

mimi said...

Tiffany I loved your post. I'm so glad you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving, and are all feeling better...cute pictures:)

Alex said...

Thats such a cute family picture around the dinner table. That sucks KJ, Olivia, and you got sick. At least it wasnt for very long. Good idea to go to Portland though. How fun!

The Queen Bee said...

Oh! I am so sorry! Its no fun to be sick and even worse when you are not home. Glad you are all feeling better. Here's to being healthy for the rest of the Holiday season.

traci said...

Cute pictures! I'm sorry everyone got sick! :(