Thursday, November 13, 2008

Stitches again??




This must be the month for stitches. A few weeks ago Traci posted that her daughter fell and had to get them and I thought, "I'm glad that wasn't us". Then last week Kelli said her son fell and also had to get them, once again I thought, "glad that wasn't us". Then today it must have been our turn because it did happen to us. We were at TJ Maxx looking for a birthday present for Dan and Keaton tripped and hit his eye on the shoe rack. I heard a huge crash, looked around and didn't see Keaton, then I panicked because I heard him start to cry and he never cries when he gets hurt. All the metal racks had fallen down and smashed his fingers. It looked worse than it really was because the head bleeds so much. I had a lady run to the bathroom to get some wet towels and after we cleaned it up it looked pretty deep so I left my cart full of goodies to take him to the Immediate Care. Jack was at preschool, luckily, and they let him stay extra long while we waited to get KJ all fixed up. He was so brave and tough. He only needed three stitches. This incident was less than an inch away from his last 'stitch' incident. Poor guy, has an unlucky eye. I guess that's what you get when you have a 6 year old BOY! Hopefully this will be the end of the stitch run!




We let him pick where he wanted to go to dinner tonight and he picked Pilot Butte! It was fun, we haven't been there in so long. Then Dan took him on a father/son 'date' because he was so brave. They went to Barnes and Noble and KJ picked out his very own "Spy Kit". I guess a new toy makes everything better, you would never know he had an owie! It was a great ending to another crazy day!

5 comments:

Brynn said...

Oh, poor guy, & poor mom too!!! I'm not gonna say anything else, I don't want to jinx myself! LOL


He does look so brave & actually pretty proud of his "owie"!

mimi said...

He is so cute Tiffany:)! I hope his owie heals quickly !

traci said...

I love Pilot Butte! I'm hungry just thinking about it. I'm so sorry that I started this "stitch run". Hopefully this will be the end. I canNOT imagine being in a store and having something like that happen! You're awesome!

Alex said...

I cant believe it is on the same eye. He is gonna go blind if he doesnt stop getting hurt! Glad things are better!

Ryan and Jill said...

Glad to hear that it was only three stitches. Head wounds do bleed so much, it can be so scary sometimes. It is amazing how resiliant kids can be. KJ looks like he is happy as a clam. Man, I haven't thought about Pilot Butte in a long time---I love their milkshakes!