Monday, January 12, 2009

Howard Pizzaria

I wasn't planning on blogging about our family night tonight, but I wanted to share a funny line from our lesson by Keaton (at least it was funny to me!).  Plus I snapped a couple of cute pictures. We found these cute personal pizza pans at Williams Sonoma and we thought it would be fun to make a family night out of it.  So we covered our table with butcher paper so the kids could color on it, just to make it a little bit more fun!  Then we started by making bread sticks, then on to the pizza.  While we were waiting for the pizza to cook in the oven, I gave the kids a quick little lesson.  I'll just give a very short summary of it:   I was relating our family to a pizza.  (a little nuts, but I'm trying to get thru to 6, 3, and 2 year olds, you just do what you have to do right?!)  I told them that every person in our family is important.  Just like each ingredient in pizza is important.  You wouldn't want a pizza without cheese or sauce or the yummy toppings, would you? Then I said that Dad is like the dough, mom is the sauce, Keaton is the cheese, Jack is the pepperoni, and Olivia is the Olives.  All of them are good seperate, but they are even better all together, just like each person in our family.  I said a few more things, and then ended and Keaton looked at me so serious and said, "Mom, I want to be the dough!"  I don't think he listened to any of my crazy analogy, but we got a good laugh out of it, and Hey, we had a lot of fun and made a HUGE mess!  
Getting ready, notice Olivia drinking the Olive oil....

KJ rolling out the dough, he could be a chef he loves the kitchen!

Olivia spreading out her dough in the pan.

KJ being so particular, just like his dad!

Jack stacked his toppings in different sections, totally Jack!

Her toppings disappeared faster than she could put them on! Caught ya...

"How much longer mom?"

Their masterpieces!  MMMMMM....

5 comments:

mimi said...

That sounds like the coolest FAMILY NGHT EVER!!!!!! I love all of your pictures!
We are definitely gonna have to try this idea....loved it!...
How FUN!!!!!!

Alex said...

Great fun! Personal Pizza Pans...how super smart you are! KJ just makes you laugh....I love this age

Brittany said...

you are such a fabulous mom...and so creative. I need to spice our fhe's up...right now it is great if we even make it through a little activity but this would be perfect. thanks for the idea!

Camille English said...

SO cute I love that Olivia is drinking the Olive oil. Makes me laugh.

Emily said...

Sounds fun!!! It's a great idea. We'll have to try it one of these days:)