Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sun Valley!

We packed up and went to Boise the day after Christmas to spend some time with my family during our holiday break.  We were able to visit for 8 days, not just our typical quick weekend visit!  As usual, we had so much fun!!  We were able to pack a lot of things into one week; we opened Christmas gifts, the girls got together for some shopping 2x, salon visit, four-wheeler rides with cousin, sleep-over at Tyler's house, cookie decorating, snow forts, celebrated my sister Nicole's birthday, visited my parents ward, ate dinner at my Nana and Pops' with all the extended family, went to see Benjamin Button (great movie!), KJ went on a special date (movie and dinner) with my parents, had a New Year's Eve 'party', Dan was able to eat at his favorite restaurant 'Famous Daves', but the best part of it all was that my parents and Dan and I were able to make a 3 day trip over to Sun Valley for some skiing!! (without the kiddos)  My sisters watched them so that we could get away for a few days, and it was a much needed break for us and the kids!  I don't think they wanted us to come back, they got completely spoiled and had so much fun with them.  I hadn't ever been to Sun Valley before, it is such a fun place to visit.  We will definitely be going back, in fact, we may just make it a yearly tradition!  Great food, fun shops, but even better skiing.  It was a perfect day up on the mountain.  Fresh powder, no wind, and long, wide runs!  We even got to meet Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger in the lodge and again as we were waiting in line for the lift.  He is much smaller in person and I loved his accent!   Now we are home and it's back to life as usual, but we are refreshed and ready for the New Year!  We hope this year is just as great as the last, and look forward to all it has to bring.  We hope all of you have a healthy and happy New Year as well. 
 
Girls Day out for some shopping and Taco Bell!  We all got new sunglasses.  
My beautiful sisters, mom, and daughter!
 Some of the signs we saw at the mountain
 
Dad and Dan trying on some sweet ski masks
 
Soo tired after skiing all day
'Look Mom, no broken bones!'
In front of the Sun Valley lodge. There were all kinds of snow sculptures
Me and Mom riding a snow sleigh!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like you guys had tons of fun! I'm pretty jealous of the trip to Sun Valley with no kids! I'm glad you're back. We should do a play date with the kids. One last thing.... you liked that movie? Really? I didn't...

Alex said...

Im so glad you had fun! You look great in your ski pictures. Oh my gosh....I LOVE Arnolds voice...so yummy! HA!

The Larsons said...

I am so jealous! Of the visit with family, the skiing, and the time without kids! :) I miss skiing SO much! Can't wait to live closer to it, for sure! You look adorable, and fun to see pictures of your fam!

mimi said...

HOW FUN !!! I loved all of your Great pictures! How cool you met Arnold and his wife:)

traci said...

Wow! What a fun trip! You must have had so much fun with your family. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiff, seeing pictures of your family makes me remember all of the fun times we had together. Looks like you had a great time. Your kids are just adorable. Christmas was a blast for us this year with Harper really understanding about Santa etc. Talk to you soon.

RocketBox Boy said...

I love the snow sculptures! That is awesome! It looks like you had a total blast.