Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day...

"And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me."
~Lee Greenwood

We are so grateful to those who have served and who continue to serve so that we can live and worship freely in this great country.  I'm proud to have my Uncle Mike who continues to serve, and my Brother-in-Law Tim who served, in the Army, my Pops who served in the Navy, and my cousin Kevin who serves in the Marines all in my family.  They make me so proud!

What says Memorial Day more than swimming, BBQ's and watermelon??!!
Thanks to some friends who invited us to swim with them and their families


mmmmm.....watermelon....
Time to wash off all the sticky fun from the day!

5 comments:

Esther said...

This is such a nice post about those who are serving our country. I passed a link onto Mom so that she could read it. I know she will be very touched that you remembered Dad as well as everyone else. It looks like you had a fun day. You can't go wrong with swimming, bbq, and watermelon!

Alex said...

Super fun start of the summer! Livie and Jack really look like twins in the pictures of them together...SUPER CUTE! Yay to potty training too

traci said...

That is really cool that you have so many in your family who have served in the armed forces. I really think it's incredible that people actually choose to do such an honorable thing. Looks like you had a really fun weekend!

The Queen Bee said...

I love that Lee Greenwood song! Thanks for the reminder of what memorial day is all about. Cute pics too!

Tiffani said...

i love the pictures of the kids on the porch eating watermelon! so cute! you are awesome tiffany and i love reading your blog! : )