Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Memory Lane...

 
This past weekend I was able to go up to Couer d'Alene for my 10 year high school reunion!  I signed up for it last year and when it came right down to it, I wasn't sure if I even wanted to go, but once I got there I was so glad I did.  It was so great playing 'catch-up' with so many people that I haven't seen since we graduated and especially chatting with the people I still continue to talk to!  It was as if we picked up where we left off (well, add a few kids and a husband to the mix!)  Some of them haven't aged/changed a bit and we all laughed at our old pictures and yearbooks, it's a great thing for pictures because I had forgotten that most of those 'memories' even existed!  I can't believe all the wild and crazy stuff we used to do together!  I had totally forgotten about all those 'so-called' talent shows and lip sync contests, and oh, the prom pics were priceless!  We also had a family day at the Fort Sherman park to let our kids get together to play, it was fun to meet some of my friend's children.  
I must say, after this being my 3rd reunion in a month....I am all reunioned out for the year!  It was well worth the trip....and the bonus was that I got to stay at Nana and Pops house along with my 'great Aunt Lala and Uncle Homer' who were visiting from San Diego!    
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa

The other 'Highlight' of our weekend trip was that we got to go to Silverwood for a whole day!  For anyone who doesn't know what Silverwood is, you are missing out!  It's the NW's largest theme park/water park and it is a total blast.  The kids were in complete heaven.  (I can only imagine how much they'd love Disneyland!)  We rode all kinds of rides, cooled off at Boulder Beach water park, did carnival games, had ICEE's, corn dogs and fries, rode the train and witnessed a 'train robbery' (KJ thought it was real at first!), and best of all, the kids finally got to experience the thrill of putting their hands up during the roller coaster ride (the kiddie one, of course)!  I'd say it was a successful weekend, one that I'd love to do again....maybe in another 10 years!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Larsons said...

So fun. I kind of felt the same way about mine... but, I was really glad to go too. One thing, is it made me REALLY grateful for my life. You look adorable, by the way! Our boys loved Silverwood this summer too! Can you believe how big our kids are getting. Oh... and I saw a Cardinals shirt in there. Are you guys Cardinals fans? How about the grandslam tonight?! :)

summer said...

Ok, so you look amazing!! What is your secret? Yep I just create my own blog headers and stuff, i fyou want to get tips on how to do it go to thecutestblogontheblock.com. So are in Boise now? Your Bear Lake reunion looked awesome, wish we could have been there!!

Tiffani said...

cute pics! i am sure it was fun to catch up with all those friends! where do you shop for your clothes? you always wear the cutest clothes! : )