Sunday, August 30, 2009

'Good-bye' summer break...

As I sit here tonight, I am kind of sad that our summer has officially come to a close. School starts tomorrow, bright and early, and Keaton will be in 1st grade which means he will be going to school ALL day. I am excited for him because he's excited to go and meet new friends and start a new year, but I am also so sad that we wont have him home all day. It's just not fair that someone else will get to spend the day with him and I wont. I know this is just part of life, so I'm hoping that things go well, that he has a great year, makes some great friends and learns all the fun things that 1st graders are supposed to learn!!!
(I'll take some pictures tomorrow, but for now, be prepared to be overloaded with pictures of our last days of summer!)

Our 'Summer Fun' check list didn't quite get finished. Jack's sickness made us lose a few days and then KJ caught the bug and we lost an additional couple of days, but we still managed to check off a few more fun things and had lots of fun doing them!

#6 - Swimming


We have a beautiful neighborhood pool that we pretty much use everyday, but KJ wanted to invite a couple of friends over for some swimming. We have LOVED having the pool right down the street, it really has been the highlight of our summer!


#7 - Date day with Ninny


Living by family definitely has it's perks! One day a week my mom takes the kids for a few hours and they always come back happy, which makes me happy too!! This last week she took them to Eagle Island State Park for swimming and afterwards they went to the Snow Shack for some snow cones!


#8 - Discovery Center
Jack loved the bed of nails!
The kids made a tornado (hard to see in the picture)


We made it to the Discovery Center which was at the top of KJ's list! We went with some family and the kids had fun and we all learned something! It's a real hands-on place!


#9 - ROARING SPRINGS

All the kids taking a break from the pool and enjoying their Spongebob Popsicles! This is what summer is all about!
Going up the tower to the tall slides!

Liv+Olivia=2 cute blondes!

This one was a MUST to check off! We've all been waiting for this one. A trip to the water park...what more can I say?!


#10 - Dinner at Nana and Pops' house + cookies!
Here are some of the cousins playing a super-hero game on Nana's back fence.



We made our own version of Oreo's to take to Nana's House! These were my little helpers!



About every other week all of the family gets together for Sunday dinner at Nana's. It's so much fun for all of us to spend the afternoon together with some of our favorite people!


Wish KJ good luck on our his new adventure tomorrow (and send a little good luck for me too, I may need it more than him)! I'm off to make his first school lunch!

2 comments:

Emily said...

We went to the Discovery Museum this summer and our kids loved it! Glad you had a good summer, and good luck with the new school year!

Brooke said...

I'm jealous you live in Boise now. My sisters live down there. :( I only get to see them a couple times a year, if I am lucky. Yay for you to be so close to yours!