Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's great to be needed!

I think every mom can agree that it's great to be needed every now and then.  Olivia woke up just needing me a little more than normal today!  We spent the whole day together attached at the hip and we had lots of fun.  We didn't do anything out of the ordinary, just the same old routine.  We took our shower, and she wanted to help me get ready.  I put on deodorant, she put on deodorant, I put lotion on my face, she put lotion on her face, etc. etc, down to the powder brush and spray of parfum.  It was so much fun to have her right on the counter getting ready with me, we both loved every minute of it!   She was acting so 'grown-up'.  Tonight she helped me make dinner, apron and all.  She even wanted to tag along as I went to my Enrichment meeting tonight.  I love having a teammate in this house full of boys!  These are the days I think I'll remember most, the everyday little things that bring any mom lots of joy! 

Our kissy fish face! 

Isn't this the cutest apron ever?!  My mom sewed this for Olivia for Christmas this year.  It's a vintage fabric that she found of the old 'Dick and Jane' character books.  Those were the first books that I learned to read from!  I need to learn to sew someday.  Anyone up for teaching me?

6 comments:

mimi said...

Priceless moments! She is a blessed little girl to have you for a Mommy:)...You are Amazing!....

Alex said...

She was so cute last night! Arent girls fun! Missed ya at the movie, we can always do it again...im always up for break aways!

Sammy said...

She is a doll. Your post makes me SO excited to have a girl!!

The Queen Bee said...

That apron is sooo cute! We love dick and jane. Ellie actaully has a couple of those books that she learned to read from too.

McCandless Co. said...

Oh, I love to be needed too! Ryder always needs me, but I can't wait to have a little girl tagging along too. Olivia is too cute, someday we need another reunion so we can meet each others kids and really catch up!

Emily said...

If you learn how to sew, invite me too, so that I can learn!:) It's way cute BTW. Thanks again for yesterday!