Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine Weekend....

We had a super Valentine/President's Day weekend (well everyone but Dan did).  A shortened summary:  My parents and little brother came in to town on Friday and we were able to spend the weekend with them.  Saturday (Valentine's Day) we went to out to Brasada Ranch and took the kids swimming, their favorite thing to do!  It was fun because we had some snowflakes falling on us when we were outside in the hot tub.  I love that!  It was beautiful, peaceful, and really cold when we got out!  Then we came home, got ready and my mom and I went to an early dinner with some girlfriends who were in town for the long weekend as well.  There were 4 ladies from Coeur d'Alene who came for some skiing at Bachelor, we had a yummy dinner and it was really fun to 'catch up' on life.  I know what you're thinking......You and your mom went to dinner on Valentine's Day?.....Where was Dan??  Poor guy was flat in bed, sick.  Later that night, I had helped a friend throw a Valentine party, so I went by myself for a little bit.  We had a great turn out, cute decorations, and lots of yummy food to dip in the chocolate!  I left when the 'newlywed game' got started.  There were some funny questions, but it's not much fun to play that game by yourself!  My parents took the kids out on a special date and took them to the store to pick out some candy!  They had lots of fun.  Sunday was a lazy day, but sometimes those are my favorite kind of days.  We went to church, watched movies, made Carne Asada and all the fixin's, then played Dodge Ball down in the basement!  I love watching our kids play with their 'Ninny and Papa', they have so much fun.  I just wish they lived closer.  Today before they left, we let the kids decide what they wanted to do and what-do-you-know.....they wanted to go play at the McDonald's Play Place!  My last choice, but when 'Ninny and Papa' are in town the kids get anything they want!  We love it when we have company.  Thanks for coming to visit.  Hope everyone had a Very Happy 'LOVE' Day!
Ninny Shell read the kids their favorite books every night

For our Valentine's Day breakfast we made heart shaped pancakes with all the goodies piled on top!

Cute little Olivia!

Keaton and Jess relaxing in the hot tub

Jack splashing away!

Keaton can swim now!  He's so proud of himself!

Jack on the McDonald's bridge.  I need one of these in our play room!

What a way to finish off our 3 day weekend!  The kids were in heaven!  Thank you for coming to visit, we miss you already!

3 comments:

Alex said...

That sounds like a great weekend except for Dan. Its always so fun when family comes!

Brittany said...

how fun...your mom looks so great I bet she is a great ninny!! I cant believe how old jess is!!

McCandless Co. said...

Tiff your family is too cute! It really isn't fun to live far away from grandparents is it....oh well, we can't have it all. Well it looks like you guys are having a blast, I love reading up on you guys.