Sunday, April 24, 2011

Beautiful Easter Sunday...

Although we woke up to a layer of white snow (which didn't make me very happy) our Easter Sunday ended up being a perfectly beautiful day. We had an Easter breakfast, talked to the kids about the real reason for this Easter Holiday while they snacked on all the goodies from the Easter Bunny. Then we went to church which really was my favorite highlight of the day! I can't imagine the holiday passing without being spiritually fed and showing my gratitude to the Savior. Refilling my spiritual tank was exactly what I needed today. The children and youth sang, and we heard some beautiful talks. I feel like my life would have so much less meaning and depth if I didn't have the gospel to rely on, as my strength...my rock. Coley and Jason both came with us today. It's such a great gift to have them there with my family. ALL 3 kids fought over who got to sit on their laps. They obviously love having them come too! I am grateful for the Savior, His life, His example, the Atonement and most of all the Resurrection. What an amazing event in History. What an amazing gift.

We came home and had a fabulous Easter feast!! We dyed eggs, had an Easter Egg hunt and as usual just enjoyed each other's company!
These are the four people I love more than anything else in the world!!


I read this quote tonight and loved it. I just thought I'd share.

“Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays.

“But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come.

“No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, in this life or the next, Sunday will come.”

~Joseph B. Wirthlin


Hope you all had a great Easter as well and I especially hope you all had the opportunity to be with those you love.

1 comment:

michelle said...

Tiffy, I love you. Im so proud of you and your Easter post was touching. I love that quote and I love your testimony. You are the most beautiful person inside and out.