Tuesday, April 12, 2011

once upon a time...

I'm sitting here tonight taking a break from my usual 'after-the-kids-go-to-bed' cleaning routine. I am looking at a sink full of dishes, and have 3 loads of laundry waiting to be folded on my bed and I am having dreams of where I was a couple of weeks ago and longing to be back!
Once upon a time, my sister Coley and I thought it would be a brilliant idea to spend our Spring Break up in Idaho to see family and to have the chance to be at Britt's baby shower. So we loaded up the car with 2 chatty sisters, 3 wild kids, and 2 furry dogs for a 912 mile drive.
We were off to a magical place where we didn't have to cook, clean, do dishes, fold laundry or really do anything but relax and enjoy life and each other for a whole week! Sometimes I wonder why I ever moved out...it's great to be taken care of, and have a personal chef!
(olivia and ninny making homemade pizza)

Chapter one...
Ninny treated us to a day at the Discovery center. The kids always have a great time here and remembered it well from when we lived there.

Chapter two...
Britt, my baby sister, turned 24...and what's a better birthday night than American Idol and facial masks with the ladies!?!

Chapter three...
Britt's Baby Shower for Lucy! (this 'shower' phrase was tough to try to explain to Jack, who takes words very literal) He didn't understand why Lucy would need a shower inside Britt's tummy. Anyway...we were so glad to make the trip up for this highlight. The food was de-lish and little Lucy got completely spoiled.

Chapter four...
We spent a rainy day at the movie theater. Olivia has a MAJOR crush on a certain little singer named Justin Bieber. Ever heard of him?!? I have...about 97 times a day! She's obsessed with his music and knows exactly where to find it in my ipod. Anyway, we went to see his Never Say Never movie in 3D and she was enthralled with the whole thing. And...I hate to admit it, but I actually got teary a few times, is that pathetic or what? Then we stayed to watch Tangled. SO CUTE. Fun, relaxing day!

The moral...
Bed time stories are always better when Ninny is reading them.
And hanging out with Papa on the couch makes an 8 year old feel cool.

Conclusion...
We loved our week up in Boise, which is no surprise. We are so blessed to be so close and so loved by my parents. On our long drive home, we picked up another passenger (Shawn) and a chirping lovebird. What a sight and what a relief to be OUT of that car!

Now it's back to reality.
*Although I did have a chance to have a fabulous weekend away with Dan the very next weekend after we got home, but the dishes are calling my name, so that story will have to wait til next time.

THE END

*And remember, you can always click on the collages to enlarge! I cram-packed the pictures in!

4 comments:

The Gilleys said...

I LOVE this post! It makes me miss you guys even more! That was a good week, even though I did battle strep and another chest cough AND worked so I didn't get to see you as much as I would have liked, but a few nights out of the week was better than nothing! I love you Tiff!.....Baby, baby, baby ooooh

Anonymous said...

Holy partiality Tiff - remember, while you girls were doing the shower thing, the boys all had a day too. Harry Potter movie (KJ's choice), treats at the gas station (Jack's choice - he said the candy stand at the Maverick station was the best thing in the whole world cuz it had such a great selection - and was dead serious about the supreme label he placed on it)nature museum, lawn mowing on the riding mower,lunch...

Showers, including little pastry treats? Shoot, that is no big deal when up against gas station food and riding lawnmowers.

Love Papa

michelle said...

We had so much fun having you here. It was a fabulous week with good times spent together, good food, and lots of fun memories. I had just as much fun doing the "kid stuff" as the kids did.
And it was a real treat having almost all my daughters here with me. It makes me feel complete:)
Oh....and there's nothing sweeter than waking up with a beautiful little 4 year old princess next to you:)

Tiffani said...

what a fun trip and how fun to have a sister to talk to the whole way to idaho! your kids are really growing, they are so cute! it looks like you had a fun st. patrick's day too...i love the leprechaun footprints! :)