Sunday, April 17, 2011

Denver Bound...

Dan and I were given a WONDERFUL gift a few weeks ago from my cute little Sister and her handsome hubby! They gave us a weekend get-away! 'Away' was only 64 miles, to Denver, but it was just far enough to feel like we were on a mini vacation! They watched the kids, and we had a much needed kid-free weekend. When I was thinking back to the last time Dan and I went away with no kids I realized that it's been close to 5 years. We went to Mexico when I was very pregnant with little Olivia. Does that count as kid-free?!? Kind of, I guess. We've had trips here and there, but none with just him and I for far too long. And it was, shall I say, Heavenly. We stayed out late, slept in, ate at restaurants without kiddie menus, went country line dancing, and just enjoyed each other's company. The hotel they got us was right in the heart of downtown which was nice because we were able to walk everywhere. We were especially lucky to have fabulous weather which made walking around very enjoyable! I can't wait to do this again!
I think it should be mandatory for all couples with children.
So a HUGE thank you to Coley and Jason! We owe you big time...

Here are some pictures we snapped to remember our 'relaxing' weekend.

The Warwick Hotel - Denver
Dan was trying to be George from Seinfeld...little did he know I was going to post this!!

We found this super cute and little dessert place downtown call D bar. Had the best desserts. We shared Creme Brulee and it was divine.


I finally got to try PINKBERRY!!! It was so de-lish! We actually went twice...in one day.

*On a quick side note. If you are wondering why we had blue ribbons on, it was because it was Autism Awareness day! Just showing our support for these special little kids. All day it struck up conversation about Autism with various people, so we were definitely helping with the 'awareness' part! I am so proud of our little Jackie Boy!

One of our favorite Food Network shows is Diners Drive-ins and Dives. We got to taste test some of their famous dishes. It really was worthy of being featured on the show, their pork was so good. Fun and cheap...my favorite combo!

Dan is a car nut. So when we heard the Denver Auto Show was just down the street, we had to go check it out. They had pretty much every new car you can think of (including a stretch Toyota mini-van complete with hardwood floors and large screen TV's), these were a couple of our favorite 'dream' cars. Well, these and the Range/Land Rovers! The one Dan is in front of was only $274,000. Pocket change, right?!

One of my favorite things was that our hotel had a rooftop pool! And it was heated and felt like a bath-tub. It was perfect weather too! We had a freak 81* day that day which made swimming and catching some sun rays super enjoyable.

Here's Dan on the Widow-Maker. I think he wishes he were a real cowboy.

Line dancing was so much fun. Although I was one of the ones who didn't know what the heck I was doing out there. I used to know them all, but have forgotten everything! Dan and I had a blast here, something we've never done together. We've still got the moves! If you are ever in Denver you've got to try the Grizzly Rose. Fun place.

Now the only question is...When can we go again?

1 comment:

The Hiller Family said...

I love your white lace top! Where did you find it!?
Looks like fun and I am very jealous of the time away without kids! One day is what i kept telling myself!! :)